X-Rays. (Part 3 of 3)

THE BIG CHAPTER IS HERE! :)

______________________________

[Quote #2]

"God's finger touched him, and he slept."

-Alfred Lord Tennyson.

______________________________

{Saturday October 23rd}

(Prince's P.O.V.)

After getting off the 3 train, we walked a few blocks over, where we ended up at Pennsylvania Avenue, near Liberty Avenue and Atlantic Avenue. It was a widespread highway with a bank and a few stores. The area looked like the middle of nowhere. I looked at Jassie, who was intensely staring at the neighborhood.

Prince: What is this?

She took my hand, leading me across the busy highway. She stopped at a building.

Jas'marieé: This is where my grandmother used to live. She lived in a room of an apartment above a Spanish church. I used to visit and stay in the room with her. She'd buy me cheese fries and loads of candy for the time being. My grandmother had a lot of roommates. There was this one who argued with her and my grandmother's crazy behind pulled out a knife on her. I almost got stabbed in the backlash of stopping her. Luckily, I talked her out of it. So, her last roommate was a crackhead. She wanted to do nothing except smoke, drink, and prostitute. I always told myself I'd come back when I had fame to save her from this.

Prince: Did you?

She shook her head.

Jas'marieé: No. She passed before I met you. She had a lot of medical conditions. The funny part is that she went broke trying to provide for my future. That money my mother has came from her.

I saw a tear roll down her cheek and I hugged her. I cried a little too before sitting on the ground, leaning my back against the building. She followed suit, sitting next to me.

Prince: Damn. I can't ever imagine that happening to me. I'm sorry to hear that.

Jas'marieé: It's okay.

Prince: Where's your mother's father?

Jas'marieé: (shrugs) Dead, I guess. I barely knew him. He abandoned my mom. I feel her pain, too. My own father's mother denies me.

Prince: Why?

Jas'marieé: She had her doubts that I was my father's daughter. I never gave a damn, though.

Prince: What a--

Jas'marieé: Bitch? I know.

She looked at the passing cars and sighed.

Prince: You've never been scared over here?

Jas'marieé: Not really. This is one of the dark sides of New York, Jay. This is a crime area. Years ago, this was a prostitution strip. Trap houses, blood money, gangs, and death. Don't freak, but I hope you know I'm born into a life like this.

Of course I'd know. If I could soon get her to retell her story to me, I'd be let off scott-free. I smiled at her; I loved the fact that she felt she could trust me with revealing her true colors.

She stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up.

Jas'marieé: Come on. I'm going to take you a little backwards.

Prince: To where?

Jas'marieé: Crazy ass Staten Island! You down?

Prince: Damn right I'm down!