5.6

Cole's pov

I was in my office working when there was a knock on my door, "come in." My secretary walked in, "sir, I'm sorry to interrupt but there's a young girl here claiming to know you." I gave her a confused look and pulled out my phone and showed her a picture of Maria, "is this her?" She nodded, "yes sir." I smiled, "you can send her up. Oh and next time she comes by don't even hesitate to bring her up." She nodded, "of course sir."

There was a soft knock on my door and I felt my soul mark sending sparks through me body, "Maria, you can come in." She opened the door and gave me this shocked look, "why didn't you tell me you had such an important job." I rolled my eyes, "I'm just a publisher." She crossed her arms, "Cole you have this thing with being extremely modest." I smiled softly at her which made her blush, "do dad and Laura know?" I shrugged, "they don't know the exact details." Maria looked out the huge window in my office, "you're name is on the building..." i sighed and ran a hand over my face. This is exactly why I didn't like talking about work.

"my biological father's last name. Clint and mom know his family owned this company. They only know that I got a job not that my grandfather is making me ceo." She sighed and looked at me, "is that what you want?" I stood up and walked over to her, "It's a way for me to provide for you." She shook her head, "that's not what I asked." I smiled, "Maria, I really enjoy it." She nodded, "okay." I chuckled at how adorable she was, "how did you find out anyway?" She bit her lip, "i felt the tingling in thE coffee shop this morning and I saw you but you were on the phone and didn't notice me. I kinda fallowed you here." I smirked, "you little spy." She pouted, "I-I wanted to see you." I smiled as I cupped her cheek, "how long did you wait outside before you finally decided to come in?" She blushed, "two hours." I shook my head at how cute she could be at times, "baby, you could of came in as soon as you got here. It's cold out." She leaned into my hand, "I was fine."

I pulled her into my arms, "man, I've missed you." She relaxed into my arms, "you saw me yesterday." There was another knock at the door which caused me to sighed and kiss her head before I pulled away, "come in." Maria looked out the window yet again. My high school friend who also used to be my girlfriend after her soulmate died and then got a job and started working for my grandfather. Well me walked into the room, "hey Cole, I was wondering if you wanted to grab lunch? Oh uh never mind. You're Maria right?" Maria sent me this hurt look before she smiled softly at Gabi, "yeah It's nice to meet you-?" I smiled, "right, Marz, this is Gabi, I've told you about her." Maria smiled, "right, I'm sorry. It's nice to finally meet you." Gabi smiled, "your even more beautiful then Cole said." She blushed which made me smile at my soulmate. Gabi grabbed her hands, "we should go shopping! It's been forever since I've seen Lila and Violet maybe we can all go together?" Maria looked shocked and a little uncomfortable.

Maria's pov

As soon as Cole said gabi i instantly remembered the picture from his Junior prom of them together. She was still as beautiful as the picture. Cole sent me a worried look. I smiled at gabi, "that would be fun." She clapped and smiled, "I can't wait. Well I'm going to grab lunch but I'll catch you both later." Cole and I both said bye before she left the office. I smiled softly, "she's nice." I bit my lip, "I mean I would understand if you-." "Maria, please don't say what I think your about to say." I sighed, "Cole, you've been waiting for me since I was born- I'm just worried that i wasn't worth it." He sighed, "your wrong. I've been waiting for you since I was little. I've been with you since you were born. I'm 16 years older then you and I know how stressful that is for you but I'm not going anywhere. Nothing will change my mind about us." I looked down. He sighed and lifted my chin, "Mar, if this is about us having sex you don't have to worry about that. I'm not going to push you into something you aren't ready for."

I snaked my arms around his neck, "I know that. It's just you've had to wait so long and what if I'm terrible-." "You won't be. I'll wait as long as you want me too." He brushed a piece of hair away from my eyes, "our fist time is going to be when you are ready. Not when you think I want it." I bit my lip again, "what if I'm not as good-." He sighed, "we've been over this. Maria, it was before you were born. That's almost 17 and a half years ago-." "Yeah but-." He brushed his thumb over my lips, "but nothing. Her soulmate died. I hadn't found you. We dated and the moment I saw you we broke things off. I've waited this long for you I can wait a few more years if that's what you need." I sighed, "she so beautiful and you work with her. Cole, just because were soulmates doesn't mean YOU have to wait for me... if you want to see where things could of gone with gabi your are more then welcome too.-." He brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes and kissed my lips softly, "Maria, I am yours." I instantly relaxed and kissed him back, "and I'm yours I just don't want you to hate me-." He chuckled, "it's cute. We're both worried about the other hating us. Here's the thing, I can never hate you." I closed my eyes and rested my forehead against his. He ran his thumb over my hips, "I can't believe I just kissed you." I blushed, "it was about time." He chuckled and pecked my lips again, "let me take you to lunch." I smiled softly, "Cole," he ran his fingers over my arms, "let me take you on a date. Please?" I smiled, "okay."

Gabi:

Gabi: