1.8

Elizabeth's pov

I looked at all of my soulmates and then ran to my room. I ran into the bathroom and turned on a burning hot water before jumping into the shower. I needed to think and I couldn't do that around my soulmates. I felt this pain in my shoulder and I touched it. It sent sparks through my skin. I closed my eyes and sighed, "I-is it true? A-are you really the winter soldier?"

Suddenly I was gripped the wall as I was pulled into a dream like world. Standing in front of me was a scrawnier Steve. I gasped and placed my hand up to his face on for him to disappear and be replaced by my Steve and someone who looked similar to Tony. I staggered backwards "w-what's going on?" A man's voice said, "who are you?" I looked up and gasped standing in front of me was a man who was so extremely handsome especially in his military uniform. I covered my mouth, "y-you can see me?" He gave me a confused look, "who are you? How are you here?" I closed my eyes, "I-I don't know. I touched my arm and here I am." His eyes got wide, "your my soulmate." He took a step towards me and placed his hand on my arm that had the star. Before he placed his hand on his own arm, "how are you in my memories?" I blinked up at him confused, "how do you know Steve? Who are you?" He gave me a confused look, "how do you know Steve?" I gasped, "y-your Bucky... they were right. B-but h-how?" He creased my cheek, "darling, calm down. I won't hurt you I will never hurt you." He smirked at me before he pulled off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders, I looked down and covered my naked body with the jacket. He chuckled, "you're beautiful, I just don't want to see this side of you while we aren't actually together. Mind telling me your name?" I sighed, "my name is Elizabeth." I closed my eyes, "a-and I have 8 other soulmates." He cupped my face, "I know." I opened my eyes so fast, "how?" He chuckled, "you have soulmarks. I saw them, my love." I relaxed, "and your okay with that?" He chuckled, "I don't have a choice in the matter. Besides they will protect you form me." I stepped back, "what?" He sighed, "Elizabeth, you can't come looking for me. Okay?" I shook my head, "no. You don't get to decide that." He sighed, "this isn't safe. I'm not safe. You are seeing the old me not who I am now. This is who I used to be. The soulmate you deserve not the monster they created."

I took a deep breathe, "I'm not giving up on you." He closed his eyes and looked at his hands with a small smile, "I'm asleep when I wake up this will all be a dream." I shook my head, "please give me permission to search for you." He sighed and shook his head, "I will not give you permission to endanger yourself. Please, don't look for me." I frowned but nodded, "fine. I won't search for you." He gave me a soft smile, "I wish you could of known this version of me." I grabbed his hands, "you are my soulmate no matter what version I get. I want you for who you are." He frowned, "I'm sorry. I won't be me until I find myself again. We are meeting in my dream/subconscious mind." I smiled up at him, "you are perfect." He shook his head and closed his eyes. I heard someone calling my name and I sighed. Bucky looked around, "Steve?" I smiled at him, "Steve is one of my soulmates." He gave a soft smile, "meaning he won't give up on me." I shook my head, "no." He huffed, "that punk." I felt the pull towards Steve and I smiled at Bucky, "be good." He kissed my head, "I'll try, my darling." He sighed, "now wake up." I scrunched up my eyebrows and sighed, "I-I don't want you to be alone." He creased my cheek, "its what's best for now. Be safe. okay?" I nodded, "you too." He smiled and nodded.

Soon I was gasping for air. I looked up and saw Steve bent down next to me in the shower. He pulled me into his sopping wet chest and hugged me. He shut off the water and rapped a towel around me, "What happened?" I shook my head, "I-I don't know. I-I mean I-I do b-but I-it shouldn't be possible. W-wait h-how did you get in here?" Steve brushed my hair out of my face, "we all felt that something was wrong Tony shut down the system so we could get in but we decided that one of us should come see you first. When I saw you passed out on the shower floor I just yelled for Bruce and Tony." I tilted my head, "where are they?" He kissed my head, "Tony went to get the others while Bruce is grabbing me clothes. We didn't want to over whelm you. Now what shouldn't be possible." I rapped my arms around his neck and hugged him from the counter top.

Steve kissed my head, "Elizabeth?" I pulled away and whipped my eyes, "y-you and Nat were right." I put my hand over Bucky's soul mark and looked into Steve's eyes, "I-I was in Bucky's dream like world. I-it was more like a memory you were at a fair together with some flying car and the next second guys were in a bar. H-he was able to see me.... h-he doesn't want me looking for him because he doesn't trust himself." Steve kissed my head when the door flew open and the others all came in. Clint rushed over to me, "are you okay? What the hell happened-and don't you dare say nothing because it sure wasn't nothing." I just hugged Steve and closed my eyes.