I watch her walk away and finally turn the corner. I step inside my class as the bell rings with a big grin on my face.

********

You are not going to a war. It's not that hard Lee... just walk inside find them and then go sit with them. But what if they have changed their minds.. what if...
Ok shut up!

This is what's happening for the past two minutes. I am standing outside the cafeteria contemplating going inside. But I have to, I can't disappoint them once again.

"You are going to eat your lunch here?" Asher's voice startles me and I gasp lightly.

He purses his lips holding his laughter,"I didn't mean to scare you..... So what? No lunch today?"

Oh god he doesn't know his friends invited me to their table. Shit what if he doesn't want me there...

"Uhh... actually um.. Amaya said everyone wanted me to sit with - with you guys for lunch.... but you know what never mind I was just going." I stride past him not giving him a glance.

"Wait, wait!" I turn around at his voice." I did not know that. They probably talked about it yesterday. I wasn't at school so..., but now what are we waiting for let's go."

I do not move an inch still not sure about actually going inside. Asher looks at my hands which are covered with my extra long sleeves and I am wringing my fingers inside them.

"You don't have to be nervous about this..... I promise it's gonna be okay" he stares at me with certinity.

He raises his eyebrows questioningly waiting for my answer. I gulp and took one long inhale of breath. Asher smiles at me reassuringly and tilts his head towards the door. I start walking with him and enter the cafeteria.

The cafeteria is so crowded, students are everywhere chatting, laughing. Asher greets some people on the way and I follow him making my way through the students. If it wasn't for Asher I would have never reached their table.

"You guys have to plan something big; it's my seventeenth birthday!" Blake talks with his mouth full when we reach the table.

He notices me and smiles,"Oh hi Lee.... Wait is it okay if I call you Lee?"

He seemed as if he offended me so I smile at him,"Yeah it's absolutely alright."

He gives me a thumbs up and continues eating. Everyone greets me and I sit down between Evelein and Asher.

"Blake it's literally one month away stop whining about it right now," Asher says taking Blake's chips.

"I am the last to turn seventeen in our group. Lee are you seventeen?" I quickly nod at him,"See I am the baby here you guys have to plan something really cool."

Everyone ignores him and continues talking. He huffs and slaps Asher's hand away from his chips,"Buy your own."

I chuckle at their banter when Asher says," You really are a baby."

We talk for a while and I slowly get little less anxious about the situation. This is my first time making friends, and also the first time someone trying to be my friend so it is a little overwhelming. But I actually feel relaxed and I am able to enjoy their company.

"So, do you regret coming inside?" Asher whispers beside me subtly looking at me.

"No... but I hope you don't regret convincing me to come inside." I roll my lips in my mouth and peek at him.

He looks me in the eye and grin,"No... but I sure would have regretted if i didn't."

Shit that did something to my heart...

I am not able to stop the blush creeping on my cheeks so I turn my head the other way. I hear him chuckle and I couldn't stop the smile on my lips.

What the hell is happening to me!?

********

"We are going to this diner tommorow after school. You wanna come?" Eveleine asks me coming to my locker.

School ended five minutes ago and I am just going to head out,"Um... I have this family thing to attend so I can't. I am sorry."

Hanging out in school is okay but outside school is a whole new territory for me which I couldn't get into, even if I wanted to.

"It's alright, but if something changes you can tell me. You have my number, bye" she waves and walks away.

I see Asher on the stairs when I come outside the school. He is scrolling through his phone, his car keys in the other hand. He looks up when I reached him.

"You have something after school?" I question him.

He keeps the phone in his pocket,"No.. I am actually waiting for you. Um.. yesterday in literature we have been assigned this script writing project to do. And it has to be done in pairs so I wanted to ask if you wanna be my partner?"

I stare at him trying to digest the fact that he wants to be my partner. MY!

He licks his lips and holds his bag strap. He seems nervous but why!?

I am the one freaking out here.

"If you already have a partner then it's fine. Shit I didn't even ask if you already have a partner. How stupid of me?" he utters his words with urgency.

"No! I don't have a partner." He looks at me hearing my words,"And I would like to be your partner, sure."

I bury my hands in my hoodie pockets so that he wouldn't see them shaking with nerves. I just don't want to make him upset over this. I have once in my life managed to make friends and I dont wanna loose them. Also I don't think there is someone else willing to be my partner.

"Cool then we can start working on it as soon as possible. I will text you the format and stuff. Uhh can I have your number for that?" his voice is hesitant.

"Yeah, of course." We exchange numbers and I am internally dying by to the fact that I gave a guy my number. If Lina hears about this she would bug me about it for a long time.

"Okay then, I will see you tommorow." he smiles at me and walks backwards descending the steps.

My lips stretch into a grin and I raise my hand waving back.

I just cant stop smiling when I am around him.

He is still smiling when he accidentally slips on the last step but catches himself before falling. With my eyes wide I run towards him. He holds his hands out looking embarrassed.

He adjusts his shirt and chuckles awkwardly,"I am absolutely fine. Don't worry, see ya bye."

A giggle slips from my mouth and I quickly purse my lips. I can't help it he looks too cute when embarrassed.

He does not wait for my reply and hastily turns around muttering something. He runs towards his car and gets inside. Giving me one last smile he drives away.

And I still couldn't stop smiling..
What is this boy doing to me?

********

This was so late oh my god😭😭
But these online classes and exams are getting to my head 😫

So are you guys feeling it between Ash and Lee yet?

If you liked the chapter please vote!!

-Love❤