Chapter 11

Ethan

I was startled awake by a loud bang. I got up hastily and looked around, confused about where I was. My head was spinning from the nightmare I had where Siara kissed me and then killed me.

I took a deep breath and looked around. I was still in the guest room. The light blue walls were patterned with snowflakes. The thick white curtains on the windows let in sunlight, and there was a blue Chinese vase with fresh white roses.

I got out of the four-poster bed and stared at myself in the mirror. I had pillow creases on my cheek and my hair was standing at the ends. My nose was swollen and a black bruise was peeking from the collar of my shirt. I felt a shiver down my spine as I remembered last night's events. The men, the guns, the blood, and most of all, Siara.

I jumped as I heard the bang again. It sounded like gunfire.

There was a knock on the door. I opened it to reveal a butler holding a pile of clothes in his hand.

"Your clothes, sir. And Miss Siara has asked you to meet her in the garden." He said.

I thanked him and closed the door. I took a quick shower, dressed in my clothes, and went downstairs.

The interior of the mansion was beyond magnificent. A servant went across the hall with cleaning supplies. Another one was changing the flowers in the vases beside each of the bay windows. Guards nodded to me as I passed them. I wonder how many people lived here.

There in the garden, a shooting range was set up. Circular targets, cans on stands, and so on.

Siara stood far behind, guns in both hands. She alternated between using each hand to shoot the marks. She saw me and smiled slyly, turning a gun in my direction. What.

I covered my ears and shut my eyes. The sound was so loud. I felt the pressure of the bullet as it flew close to my hair. When I opened my eyes, Siara was standing in front of me, a smirk on her lips.

"Scared?" She mocked.

"Are you crazy? I could've died!" I snapped.

"But you didn't. Also, if I were to kill you, I'd have done it a long time ago. I think I've made it pretty obvious that I don't have any plans on murdering you.

I kept on frowning at her. She shrugged and kept the gun in her boots. The tank top she wore revealed her arms. There was a fresh bandage there. I noticed that there were many scars on her hands.

She caught me staring and tilted her head. "Like what you see, good boy?"

"You wish, Hemsworth,"

"Woah, Davis, chillax. Let's get you something to eat. You need to calm down the dragons in your stomach."

I followed her into the dining room. There was a long glass table with at least 10 chairs. Breakfast was already served on the table. All varieties of fruit, jam, butter, bread, milk, and juice. Oh, and sandwiches, eggs, and pancakes. It was enough food to feed our whole class. All of this was for us?

Siara took a seat at the head of the table.

"Where is Father?" She asked one of the servants.

"He's on tour."

"Huh. And Richard?" She asked putting a piece of pancake in her mouth.

"He's at his friend's place for the weekend."

She looked puzzled. "Lucas didn't tell me anything about that."

The servant stayed silent.

"Tell him to come back here." She stated, picking up a toast and buttering it.