36

"Baby boo... Jamie? Wakey, wakey..." A sloppy kiss was pressed against my cheek and I cringed, pulling away.

"Let me sleep!" I hissed, pushing his face away with my hand.

"Aw! Baby boo is so easy to tease! What do you think, Adam?"

I heard Adam chuckle a short distance away. "I think he wants more kisses," he answered.

A sloppy kiss was pressed against my cheek again and I turned my head, slapping Adam away. He could go bother someone else, for all I cared. I wanted my sleep!

"Stop kissing me, Adam!"

Adam chuckled and another kiss was pressed to my forehead. Now I was mad.

I shot up, glaring at the person in bed beside me. But...it wasn't who I thought it was. "W-what the hell, Blake?! Get out!" I pushed him off, successfully rolling him off the bed. The devil spawn had the audacity to laugh.

Adam broke into a fit of laughter from where he stood in the doorway, tears beading in his eyes. "I can't believe you thought he was me!" he laughed breathlessly, bending over as he lost his breath.

"I can't believe you let him do that!" I shouted, throwing a pillow at him. It didn't do any damage; merely hit him in the head with a soft thud. Damn it.

"Dad? Daddy? Are you okay?" Elijah asked from the doorway, eyes tired and droopy. He yawned, his small hand rubbing his eyes. "I heard yelling."

I sent a quick glare at Blake and grabbed my boxers from the bedside table. I slipped them on under the covers and rolled out of bed, walking to Elijah. He still looked sleepy, barely awake as his brown eyes looked up to meet mine.

"Hey, buddy. Sorry about the yelling. Do you want daddy to help you sleep?" I offered, taking his hand in mine and guiding him to the living room. Elijah crawled onto the couch and nodded, patting the thin space beside him.

I grinned, grabbing a blanket and laying down beside him, covering us up with the soft fabric. Elijah yawned, closing his eyes as he seemed to fall back asleep.

It wasn't long until Adam and Blake appeared, both barely containing their chuckles. They both looked and acted so much alike, I wondered if they were actually twins.

I wrapped an arm around my pup and pulled him closer, burying my face into his hair. His scent always seemed to comfort me, and it was easy for me to fall back asleep.

When I woke up, Alyssa and Elijah were playing a board game on the floor, and Charlotte was in a chair crocheting while the tv played in the background.

I sniffed the air, hoping to detect my mate but he wasn't here. Nor was his brother.

"Where's Adam?" I asked, throwing the blanket off to see that I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Adam must have clothed me.

"He left with his brother to go to store for some necessities. Daniel is on his way for his playdate with Eli," Charlotte answered, not looking up from the rainbow blanket she was making.

"Playdate? I don't remember allowing that."

Charlotte chuckled. "That's because he called this morning and I approved of it. Daniel's a good guy, Jamie. He won't hurt Eli."

"I still don't like him," I grumbled, standing up. I made my way don't be kitchen and downed a glass of water. The clock on the microwave said it was almost nine in the morning and I sighed. I hated sleeping in.

"Good morning, daddy," Alyssa greeted as she entered the kitchen, immediately making her way to the fridge. She pulled out some lunch meat and a head of lettuce.