17

I couldn't stop myself from laughing. Adam, a wolf? No way! He must be joking.

"Tell me the truth, Adam," I pressed, still giggling as I shook my head in amusement.

Adam pouted. "I am telling the truth," he insisted, and I just about lost it again.

I reigned in my laughter. "So what you're trying to tell me, is that you're a werewolf, correct?" Adam nodded, and I giggled. "That's some weird fetish, you know?"

Adam's pout deepened. "It's not a fetish. I'm telling the truth!"

I snorted. "Prove it, then."

Adam's pout lifted into a smirk and his eyes sparkled with mischief. It was unsettling. "You asked for it."

I watched as Adam suddenly transformed, limbs bending in weird ways. Gray and white fur sprouted from his skin and a snout grew where his mouth used to be. His icy blue eyes changed to yellow; his long, canine tongue hanging from the side of his mouth as he grinned at me.

I couldn't even breathe as I stared at him, the wolf that had saved me now sitting where Adam once was. He blinked at me curiously, standing on all fours and taking a few steps closer to me. He remained slow, however, and I was thankful that he wasn't doing anything to startle me more than I already was.

My mind was reeling. Was this really Adam?

"Adam?" I found myself asking, and the wolf nodded. "Adam?" I pressed just to be sure, and he nodded. I reached out, feeling the fur on his head. I gasped. He's real!

The wolf made a noise in the back of his throat, akin to a purr. He smiled happily, tongue darting out to lick at my face and I just let him. I couldn't believe it, even though I was seeing it with my own two eyes.

"What...? Are you a...?"

Adam nodded, licking my nose.

"Does Charlotte know?" I asked, Adam nodding again. Why didn't Charlotte tell me this?! Better yet, why didn't Adam tell me sooner?!

Adam shifted, now kneeling completely naked in front of me. His hair was in disarray, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that it was sexy. It hung in his icy blue eyes that swirled with tints of yellow, the evidence clear as day.

My boyfriend is a werewolf.

~<<>>~

I tapped the fork against my plate, staring at the food as if it would explain the universe to me because last I checked, werewolves weren't real. Neither were vampires, sea people, witches, or demons, but apparently what society taught us to believe was wrong. They were all real. Every last one of them.

"So you're a...?"

Charlotte nodded. "A witch, yes."

I leaned back in my chair, nodding as I processed the information. "Do you have magical powers and stuff?" I asked, earning myself a chuckle from the woman. She shook her head, smiling.

"No, I do not have magical powers," she answered.

I turned to Adam, silently asking him the same.

"Neither do I," he answered with a chuckle.

"Hmm..." I examined the two. They looked like regular people, save for the fact that Adam could turn into a wolf. Which was pretty cool, mind you.

Speaking of Adam, he was scratching his arms and neck every few seconds. His skin looked pink, as if his whole body was blushing, but I had a feeling the coloration wasn't from his scratching.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned that he may have been hurt from the fight he had with the other werewolf, who for reasons unknown to myself had tried to kill me.

Adam flinched, squirming in his seat as he scratched his flushed neck. He quickly shook his head. "N-no. I'm perfectly fine."

I raised a brow, seeing past his lie. "Tell me the truth, Adam. You haven't stopped scratching yourself."

Charlotte sighed, excusing herself to start a pot of tea on the stove.

"I'm fine," Adam assured, his voice wavering. "I just need some sleep, is all."

Lying again, I thought, noticing how his cuts had healed completely. "Your cuts have healed. Is that a werewolf thing, too?"

Adam nodded. "Y-yeah, it is."

"Okay. Then explain to me why you're so red and squirmy," I prodded, pinning him with a look of warning that dared him to lie to me again.

"R-red? I'm n-not red." Adam forced a smile, folding his hands on the dining room table. He squirmed again, his noticeably fake smile faltering as his eyes swirled with yellow. It seemed to happen more often as time went on, and I was beginning to worry that he might be sick, or that he might lose control and try to hurt me. Was tonight a full moon?

"Adam, you look like a tomato," I deadpanned.

Adam's smile faded and he shook his head, eyes growing more yellow than blue now. "I'm fine," he lied again, and I decided I had had enough of his bullshit.

I stood up, rounding the table to stand beside him. Adam leaned away when I reached out to feel his forehead, eyes wide as he avoided my hand.

"Damn it, Adam! Hold still!"

Adam shook his head. "No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

Adam pushed out his chair and darted into the living room. I followed him, Charlotte chuckling in the kitchen as she listened to Adam trying to hide. The closet door opened and closed with a slam, and I banged against the wood.

"Adam Smith, you open this door right now or else!" I threatened.

That's when it happened. Adam opened his mouth and I wanted nothing more than to spank his ass so he would never talk back to me again.

"Or else what?!"

•••••

I love Adam. He's so adorable. (^w^)