Chapter 38

" Your training is going to start tomorrow. You all can go now but be back here tomorrow by 1 a.m. sharp." Oreana ordered and everyone nodded at her picking up their things and making their way to the door one by one.

I was half surprised how readily they listened to her without any further question. But then again she seemed like a commanding person.

The kids approached me first, warm smiles on their faces as they circled around me, introducing themselves one after the other. " I am Tammy and I can fly 7 cards" The same girl from before spoke and I smiled back at her introducing myself with dramatic effect.

" I am Tobias, her brother and it is nice to meet you miss" Tobias, the thin boy from earlier gave his sister a shove and extended his hand for me to shake. I giggled at them and shook his hand.

" You are an offender. What is your colour," Another one said and suddenly they all seemed very interested in seeing my colour, huddling closer in curiosity.

I chuckled at him and looked around me for Zane, I don't know if it is appropriate to show them my color, seeing that they lack their own. I don't think the kids will mind but the others can easily get hurt by my open display.

I found him looking back at me from a few steps away, he was in a conversation with two other guys but for some reason, he seemed to be concentrated on me and openly ignored them.

I met his eyes and raised up my hand a little, signalling at it. He understood my meaning and gave a nod of confirmation and resumed back to his conversation, peeling his eyes off me.

I look back at the kids and spiled my wine red colour, it floats in the air in patterns like a ribbon.

Seeing their smiles my mind goes back to the kid I heard back at the station. So young but still wronged. My eyes immediately search for Zane.

He was born and raised here.

His words came rushing back to me, "If you had to grow up as we did under the boot of an officer, of the fucking governor as they tightened our lashes you would know."

I shake my head to get rid of the dark thoughts, no wonder he is so bitter.

If it weren't for my extra colours nothing would have saved Ash from being dragged to that station and strapped to the chair. Not even dad's connection or position would have been of any use.

The kids filtered out of the door with their bags and one adult followed them. I quickly saw the pattern here, each adult was assigned a youngster to communicate back and forth with safety.

Most of them came to greet me, introducing themselves, and expressing their gratitude. I smiled at each one of them feeling a different kind of connection with them, the serene and spiritual kind. I respect their determination and they respect me for helping them, a coloured helping them gain their freedom.

We barely had to wait for five more minutes before the hall was cleared out. Leaving me, Skye, Zane, Jerek, and Oreana alone.

"What you both said had some truth but I want you to give a solution for that. If we are not doing it my way then give me a better plan" Oreana got straight to the point and folded her arms across her chest.

I tensed at that, honestly surprised that she is willing to consider an alternative. But it was necessary, if she wants us on her side she will have to compromise and she knew that well.

Skye hummed at her in confirmation, saying nothing more than that.

" And we need to do it fast, we can't overstay our welcome." They all know what I am talking about. A silence fills the hall as everyone thinks it over.