Chapter 24

Lying on the bed, dressed in a tank top and tights I listen closely to every small sound that can be heard from the adjacent room.

As expected Zane is going out again, at exactly 1 am.

I am prepared, I will escape after him and hopefully, I won't get caught.

I listened as the bathroom door was clicked close and the lights flicked off. Zane opened his door and tiptoed across the hall and down the staircase.

But here comes the tricky part, the door is locked and he has the key, as oldfashioned as the lock is. I don't have a spare key and he will lock the door after him.

That only leaves me with the window. I can easily fit through it but it is on the second floor and I will possibly break a bone. If I am too cautious it will only cause a jerk in my knee or sprain in my ankle.

Neither of which I can afford.

I waited for the sound of his bike patiently as I moved to the window. He fired it up and raced across the street in the dead silence of the night.

I pushed the curtains aside, revelling a decent size window with a latch. I fiddled with the lock and swung it open. It welcomed cool air in my room, and I took in a breath, preparing myself for what I am about to do.

I swung my legs one after the other across the window and balanced myself on the window pane. I took in a shuddering breath as I gazed down at the lawn. I can definitely break more than a few bones if I fall down.

But thankfully I have something else planned in mind. I willed my colour and it started to flow, materializing into a transparent box below my feet.

A step.

I slipped off the window and lanted my feet on the transparent purple box, I raised another foot and a second step came into existence before me.

I didn't have to think much as I quickly climbed down the two stories on my makeshift staircase. I kept on looking around, at the sleeping houses and the barren road, dreading someone seeing me.

I climbed down the last step and hunched down, sneaking across the lawn and onto the street.

My hands shivered as I prepared myself for my next action.

This is it, if anyone sees me I am done for and so is Ash.

But this is the only way, I don't have any other transport.

A blue disk appeared on the ground, floating few inches above the surface.The electric blue glowed in the night, shimmering under the moonlight.I stepped on it, my senses are on high alert as my heart started increasing the pace.

I had no other option, I won't be able to get into the station alone, not without using my colours.

The shield started moving at my command, catching speed.I lowered it close to the ground. It is risky, I can fall right off my disk if it is too close to the ground, but it is necessary.

I can just make it disappear and start to jog if anyone sees me. It will be easier to trick them then.

Adrenal started flowing, mixing in my blood and the risk became thrilling as well as dangerous.Breeze knotted in my hair as they swished behind me, tied in a ponytail.

I need to take a turn, it is just next to the train station. I leaned my weight on my right and the gliding shield shifted direction, curving at the turn. I lightly swayed to the side but balanced myself.

I cursed my amateur driving, if only I had trained on an actual field.

In fact, this is my first time riding my shield in open and the thrill feels liberating.I controlled my trailing thoughts and tried to focus on the task at hand.

I don't know how the station looks like.

I don't know how many will be at guard.

I don't know what I am looking for.

This is another level of stupid.

But I am out of options.

I scanned my surroundings, making sure that there are no hurdles. The street was quiet, unexpecting.

A few more turns later I was within the close parameter of the station. I dissolved the shield and stepped on the ground behind a tree foliage.I took cover behind the leaves, crouching down to dissolve with the dark.I am on the left side of the station.

The station is quite, holding the mysteries tight. Few guards littered around it, barely four. All centred at the front gate. It is almost as if they are cocky about it, already assuming that no one would dare step foot in the station, much less break-in.

Anyone but me, and it is stupid. It can land me three years of prison, but so can smoking and carrying a gun.

The station is dimly lighted but even though the security is sparse I can't ignore the cameras.

There are two cameras aimed at the left side door and the other two at the surroundings.If I don't get caught then I am sure as hell getting recorded.

Think Ariel think.

I can break the cameras with my dagger, then make it disappear so that there is no clue. I smirked at my plan.

Raising a palm I squinted at the cameras from behind the bush, focusing on the circular lens. I took a deep breath and let a small dagger smoothly sail through the air, hitting the camera at the target.

I took no time in destroying the other three cameras, letting the daggers disappear one after the other.

The guards are nowhere near this side, this is my chance.

But I don't know how to enter. A heavy metal door is the only entrance in this part and I don't think it is unlocked.

Chances of my getting in depend on that door.

I clenched my fist and made a dash for the door, trying to be soundless as well as quick on my feet. The door started getting closer as I raced in the open area without any cover. That fact that the guards can catch me sneaking had my nerves on high alert.

I wrapped my fingers around the handle and pulled on it, praying to all the Gods above that it is open.