ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15: ꜱᴘᴏʀᴛꜱ ꜰᴇꜱᴛɪᴠᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴏꜱ! [ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1]

Please read the A/N below!!

Third Person POV

The two weeks passed rather quickly and kept the students on their toes, especially the Heroics students. During those weeks, Carlo seemed... off. Something seemed to bother him, and that something is the fact that he is an extra student who managed to snag it through connections. He knew that there would be one of his classmates gone if his mother hadn't asked for the extra seat, and would hurt that said classmate, but he couldn't shake off the guilt he felt. He pushed himself to learn new tricks, new tactics and a new way to think during a battle, just to flush that feeling down. But his mind always comeback to it.

If he knew that there are people with mental or non-physical quirks would have a problem like that, he would've asked Nedzu to at least make one class to be a third heroics. But, he can't. He couldn't just expect him to agree, and that there are no flaws to that! Shinsou's words played in his head and repeated itself like a broken record. His cold lavender eyes glaring at his class. It haunted him and his thoughts that Carlo felt the NEED to force himself. Just to prove to himself that he is worthy of that extra seat.

He was just lucky that Haku and Ryuusei was there to console him.

Right now, Carlo was in the waiting room for his class, eating his almonds while sitting by Sato, Denki and Bakugou. Munching happily, he didn't really listen much to their conversation. Plus, their words would just go through his ears, too busy stress eating about the competition. No, this shouldn't be the time for that. He trained to do his best, didn't he? He shook his head and offered the group almonds after munching on one. Sato and Denki thanked him and took some,  Bakugou didn't. Carlo takes that as a no and continued munching.

"Midoriya." A certain ice and flame user spoke, somehow catching the winged boy's attention. It's not everyday you see Todoroki approach anyone. "What is it, Todoroki...?" Midoriya asked, slightly confused. "On an objective basis, I am stronger than you." The freckled boy only agreed in confusion as the white and red haired boy continued. "You managed to grab All Might's attention. I don't feel the need to pry but... I'm going to beat you." Carlo's eyes widen in surprise and so did some people in the room who heard him. "Oho? A declaration of war from the strongest kid in class?" Kaminari said. Kirishima went to the pair and tried to do something to clear the tension, only to be shrugged off by Todoroki as he tells them about not being here to make friends.

"Geez! What's with people trying to fight off each other?" The indigo haired boy let out a soft, unamused sigh, clearly not liking any form of fighting. Which is kind of ironic since he wanted to be a hero. He decided that he had enough and stretched his wings, ignoring them. Normally, Carlo would have done something too, but he clearly isn't himself. Momo seemed to pick that up and walked up to him. "Hey, Carlo?" She called out as the stretch. He hummed, and stopped stretching to look at the girl. "What's up, Yao?" He asked and faced her with a strained smile. Have I mentioned that he looks almost as dead as Shinsou? Yeah, almost. "You're not acting like your usual bubbly self. Is something wrong?" Carlo's smile fell for a bit. "I-I just feel like I have to prove myself or something, I guess that's probably why." He answered softly and Yaoyorozu nodded, understanding. "I think you will do just fine! I bet whatever you want to prove to yourself is something minor and that you can!" She said encouragingly. The short boy smiled, feeling like himself again. "Yeah! Thanks, Yao!" He said and clasped her hands with a bright smile. The girl also smiled, happy she was of help.

Now, it's time. The event started and 1-A is waiting for their cue to march out. "It's the freshman stage! And the students are making their way out! First up, the class that you're probably here for, CLASS 1-A!" Present Mic announced on his mic and everyone walked out. Carlo was at the back because he's still afraid of hurting anyone with his wings. He gulped in nervousness as he walked near Kirishima and Yaoyorozu. Extra nervous because he clearly wore his uniform the wrong way for his wings, and is more easy to spot. The crowd cheers for the class and yet, instead of feeling proud, he sunk.