ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11: ɪɴꜰɪʟᴛʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ [ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1]

Third Person POV

"For your class today, it was decided you'll be supervised by a three-way team, comprising me, All Might and someone else." Aizawa said to his class then Sero raised his hand. "What'll we be doing today, sir?" He asked. Carlo leaned in his seat, excited to know what he and his classmates has to do. You see, despite the uneasiness he felt yesterday, he managed to convert that uneasiness to excitement. Thinking that nothing could go wrong... Right? 

"Today, we're going to be the heroes everybody needs, whether during floods or any other disasters. We're doing a 'Rescue Trial'." The teacher said, pulling out a card that says "Rescue". Everyone started chatting. "Rescue trial...  Sounds difficult this time around." Kaminari said. Mina agreed while Kirishima cheered. "C'mon guys! That's the whole hero thing!" "Yeah, you two! Heroes aren't always fighting. They save people too!" Carlo pipped in. "If it's in a flood, then I could be at an advantage. Kero!" Tsuyu said. Their teacher cut them all off and told them not to get ahead of themselves. He told them that they could wear their costumes or P.E. uniform and that they would be going to the site via bus ride. The students of class 1-A are excited to do their drill, so they rushed to grab their costumes and changed into it.

When they all meet up at the bus, Carlo was with Kirishima. They were talking about their excitement and was theorizing who was the third teacher when Iida called everyone's attention. "In order to get everyone seated smoothly, file into two lines according to your numbers!" The navy haired boy said. Carlo couldn't help but chuckle. He really is taking his role seriously. Upon getting in the bus, The short indigo haired boy was sitting on the floor, by the feet of Bakugou, Jirou, Uraraka and Yaoyorozu. Why on the floor? He was too nervous that he might stab somebody just by sitting beside someone. Iida, who was sitting beside Mina, was disappointed that it wasn't the type of bus he expected.

"Hey Midoriya, I always say what's on my mind." Tsuyu spoke, catching the green haired boy jump in shock. "EEP! Hey, Asui!" "Call me Tsu. Anyway, your quirk is really similar to All Might." He jumped in shock and nervously tried to answer back. "But All Might doesn't seem to get injuries like Izuku does." Carlo said, thinking out loud and helping cover the fact that his friend is a very late bloomer. "Yeah! That's where their similarities end. Though I am jealous of a simple enhancer type." Kirishima joined in. "There's a lot of things you can do with it., and it's flashier!" This made Carlo frown. "My "Hardening" quirk isn't bad for push-ups, but I wish it was flashier." He continued. "Flashiness isn't something you should look for, though. Usability and benefits are!" The short male said, clearly disappointed at what the red head said. "Yeah! I think it's an awesome quirk! It would be great for Pro work!" Izuku said, amazed by the quirk.

"Pros huh. But you know, heroics has a lot about it like a popularity contest, right?" "My laser navel is both flashy and strong enough for the Pro level." Aoyama said. "But it'd be bad if your stomach collapsed!" Mina said and Aoyama's face grew grim. "But if we're talking about strength and flashiness, both Bakugou and Todoroki would be in that category!" Carlo exclaimed and looked at their direction. Bakugou clicked his tongue and Tsuyu spoke. "With Bakugou's temper, he'll never be popular." The frog girl said and something snapped in Bakugou, causing him to get mad. "YOU BITCH! I'LL BE POPULAR, TOO!" He shouted at the girl and proved her point. The winged boy visibly flinched at his shouting and that didn't go unnoticed by Yaoyorozu. "Carlo? Are you okay?" The boy just nodded and gave a wry smile. Everyone continued to talk about the ash blond. "We're almost there. Settle down!" Their teacher said and they did as they're told.

Carlo's POV

We arrive at our destination and I was bouncing in excitement. Grinning from ear to ear, I was the first out of the bus and stretched out my wings. I sigh in relief, finally getting to a more open spaced area. Maybe sitting on the floor was a bad idea... Then, when we were all ready, we went in the facility. My eyes widen in awe. This place is like an amusement park! "This place is amazing!" "Is this like USJ or something?!" Others shriek in shock and amazement. "Flood wrecks, landslides, fires and many other disasters. This is a practical training area I created to recreate them. And it's called... The Ultimate Space for Jams!" The Pro Hero, Thirteen, says as he makes his appearance. Uraraka and Izuku start fan-girling over the hero and I just smile at them. I stood beside Kiri at the front. Thirteen starts a speech about how quirks can both save and harm someone, and it stung a bit. So instead of listening like what I'm supposed to do, I looked around the place.