ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13: ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ!

Please read the author's note at the end!

Third Person POV

After the incident, Carlo was sent to the hospital because he passed out due to blood loss, small and big scars littered his arms. He was lucky that those could heal and he'd act like nothing happened. But... Something did happened and it was disturbing him ever since. Kohaku visited earlier and had left him yellow tulips. She couldn't stay any longer because her parents are out of town for a while and she had to run the shop by herself. Yusuke and Baino immediately got the news that their son was harmed and passed out. They practically ran to the doors and demanded to see him. The parents got the room number and sprinted to see their only child. Slamming the door open, they saw their son sitting up and looking at something. The half mask. "Yama! Are you okay? Feeling better? Who hurt you-- What's that?" Baino stopped and looked at the mask her son was holding. The boy flinched and looked at his parents, specifically his father. "Why was I named Carlo? Is there any specific reason why you chose that instead of another japanese name? Was... Was our family name really Yuzuki?" The boy asked, his voice strained from yelling earlier during the battle.

Yusuke stared at his son in nervousness and disbelief. "Where you got those from, Kiddo?" The older man asked his son. "Papa, answer me." He said sternly, the man only sighed. "You're hurt and the first thing you ask about is--" "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!" Carlo shouted, tears flowed down his cheeks, betrayal and hurt evident within those pale blues; knuckles turning white as he almost breaks the mask in half, not caring if started to become painful; and his feathers ruffled dangerously. The boy's wings became smaller since he woke up and are more... Fragile, as the doctor told them. Yusuke only stayed quiet and Carlo turned his attention to his mother. "M-Mom..?" He begged and she only looked away, too ashamed to face her boy. "...You're not ready yet." She said softly. Carlo's eyes turned red in anger, betrayal and sadness. "THEN WHEN?!" His words shocked his parents. He never shouted before, especially not at them. Yusuke was about to speak when a doctor came in. "Excuse me, Mr. Yuzuki. You can be discharged later. We determined that your body would function normally again sooner than expected." She said and Carlo only nodded. The doctor left and the boy stood up from the bed, grabbing the asbestos with him. "Yamato? Where are you going?" Baino asked. "To change. I need space, please. If you're not going to give me answers, then just please let me cool down." He said and went inside the bathroom. The older Yuzukis hung their heads low in shame. They couldn't tell him anything. After all, none of those were true. Just some lies and assumptions to mess with the kid.

Right..?

That night, they went home and Carlo immediately went to his room. No good nights or hugs before bed. He was that upset. He was staring at his phone. He needed someone right now. But who? Kohaku? No. She would freak out finding out someone was stalking his family. Heck, she would build something that could threaten a lot of people because of it! Plus, he doesn't know where to start. Kaminari? Geez, he doesn't even know if he's okay and he would just dump him with his problems? No thanks. Uraraka? He knows she's okay but the poor girl would probably be so tired to deal with his ass and he doesn't know how to start the whole thing before dumping the information out of no where. So, Carlo finally had decided to call someone he is close to, knows and heard it all from that man's mouth and would be willing to deal with his whine-y ass. Kirishima. Dialing the red head's number, Carlo took a deep breath as it rang. Maybe this was a bad idea, what if he's already asleep- After 2 or 3 rings, the other line picked up.

"Hello? What's up, Carlo?" Kirishima asked from the other line. "You... heard what the guy said earlier. Right?" The indigo haired boy asked nervously, already feeling fear slowly creeping in at the thought of it. "The one that you were so mad at? Yeah, I did." Silence. Carlo was quivering; From what? Anger? Sadness? Fear? He didn't know anymore. "Do you want to talk about it? I'm all ears!" Kirishima said. He could see the shark toothed grin of his friend and whispered a small "yeah." The small boy started talking, venting about how confused he was. How angry and betrayed he felt that his parents won't tell him anything and that they wanted to keep him quiet about their lies. Kirishima stayed silent through out his ramblings and listened to his friend. Carlo was crying as he let his feelings out, not caring that foul words left his mouth. He's so confused and angry. But really, he was sad. He's hurt. He felt unwanted. Sad that another man outside his family knew something he didn't, even more than he did. Hurt that his own parents won't tell him part of his identity, like they don't trust him to tell him the truth. Unwanted because he was a secret child of a heroine and her support, hidden away so that no one else would ever know. Only a handful knew about his relationship with them, but some even doubted him because of his quirk. It's always his quirk, huh...