ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: Qᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇʜᴇɴꜱɪᴏɴ ᴛᴇꜱᴛ

Third person's POV

The students of 1-A started to complain about what their homeroom teacher said. "But we just started! That's unfair!" One of them said. Aizawa, being himself, decided to bring these students back to reality. "Unfair, huh? Natural disasters, massive accidents, ego-mad villains, all kinds of things can happen when we least expect them. Japan's now positively drenched to be 'unreasonable'." Aizawa started, catching all of their attention. "As heroes, it is our job to reverse it and restore reason. If you're counting on a friendly chat in a local McDonald's after school, that's too bad. From now on, expect your life for the next 3 years here in U.A. to be filled with hardship. One after the other. This is Plus Ultra. I expect you to overcome these trials and climb to the top." He said. This caused the students to start a flame in their hearts. To prove that deserve their spot. Carlo took deep breaths. He is used to working under pressure... in some way. Years of being bullied helped him think faster to escape the bullies unscathed, unlike during the exams. Clearly, he didn't think that he would see that guy their and didn't want to cause a scene just yet. If I don't do these tests right, then I would see what else I can do to improve them. But I would be expelled. Maybe I could ask mom to talk to uncle Nedzu to put me back in? He thought, already thinking of things to do if he doesn't succeed.

The test has now started. The first one was the 50-meter dash. Carlo watched Iida dash with his engines at his calves, and a frog girl who he heard was named Asui and hopped real fast. Earning 3.04 and 5.58 seconds respectively. He went to Asui to introduced himself. "Hey! I'm Carlo." He said with a grin. Like always, he stretched his arm to shake her hand. The frog girl shook his hand. "I'm Tsuyu Asui. Call me Tsu. Kero." She ribbits and Carlo nodded. He was then called and has to run by himself. Taking his place and prepared his wings, Carlo waited for Aizawa's signal. When he was given the signal, he flew and he left some feathers, stabbing the concrete as they land. The boy who he threatened earlier squeaked and hid. He reached the end and he got 4.09 seconds. The indigo haired boy smiled at his time.

The next test was the grip strength test. Carlo knew he couldn't do anything flash with it so he tried to channel all his pent up anger. Since he was next to Shoji,  he saw his grip strength and his eyes almost popped out. "540 KILOS!? THAT'S INSANE!" He shrieked and the multi-armed guy chuckled. Another guy came in to see and had the same reaction. "What are you, a gorilla!? No wait, you're more of an octopus!!" He said. The short purple-balled head kid came in with a pervy smile. "Octopuses are hot." He said. Carlo got angry and his grip tightened around the device. He noticed the device, clearly forgetting that he has it and saw that he held it for 72 kilos. The black haired guy decided to talk to him too. "Hey there! I'm Hanta Sero! Pleasure to meet ya, Carlo." He said with a grin. "Nice to meet you too, Sero!" Carlo returned his grin and noticed that Izuku was looking at them in worry. He excused himself and went to the green haired boy. "Hey Izuku! Long time no see!" He said nervously. Izuku looked at him in confusion. "H-How did you--?" "We met at the hospital. You know, the kid that cried when you tried to touch my wings because I was scared of hurting you?" "Yamato!?" Izuku screeched and Carlo immediately covered his mouth. "Shh! Don't tell them my other name yet! I wanna who they are first." The shorter boy said and the other nodded. "So, what's wrong? You looked worried since earlier." He asked. "Uh... I... I'm not doing well in these tests so far." Izuku answered, looking down at the device. Carlo, the optimistic kid he is, tried to cheer him up by saying that there are other tests that he could excel at. The freckled boy smiled, hoping that he's right. "Okay, next test!" Aizawa called out. "Let's talk later, okay?" Carlo said and walked away.

Next test was something Carlo excelled at. Standing long jump. He just flew over the sandbox and he was called out for "cheating", to which he laughed at. "It's not cheating if your literal quirk relies on your leg and back strength!" He said, sticking out his tongue playfully. The sustained side steps... He didn't do so well. He panted at the end of it, practically begging for any refreshments to fly to him. Which is impossible-- then here comes the last test. The pitching. He didn't really pay attention to anyone until Uraraka, who got an infinity. "Woah, Ura! That was awesome!" He said excitedly. "Ura?" She repeated and Carlo went red. "Sorry! I ended up giving you a nickname already!" He said panicking. He tends to forget that not all are easily trusting as he is. "It's fine! I like it!" She said. The dark skinned boy's eyes twinkled in joy and a grin crept up his face. It was his turn to throw the ball now and he turned to Aizawa. "Sir, is it okay if I stab the ball?" He asked. Aizawa just nodded and Carlo went to his place. He threw the ball up, and shot a feather out from his wrist, which propelled the ball to go farther. The fact that his hand made the Spider-Man thing and this plan working made him beam in delight. The teacher showed his grade. It said 450 meters. The boy was celebrating and was jumping up and down. He walked out and it was Izuku's turn.