ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 0: ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ?

In this world of people with superpowers known as quirks, there would always be people who claimed to be the "Heroes" or the "Villain". Some say that certain quirks are for heroes and are praised, while they deem other people's quirks are suited to be a villain and are feared. Funny how despite claiming to be future heroes, they hurt others and bullies them because of this. 

Carlo Yamato Yuzuki. A boy gifted with a Siren's quirk. He has dark coloured skin, baby blue eyes, and messy, indigo hair. He had wings at his lower back that he doesn't know how it manifested because it's iron like material for feathers. He does know it has muscles and skin under it, and assumed that the feathers rely on how much iron he has in his system (which he is right about). His feathers can grow anywhere on his body but despite the fact that it is HIS feathers, he can still get hurt from it and only selected materials can work with it. As a siren, he can lure people with his singing and control them. What is different, however, is how strong it is when he makes eye contact or not. With it, the person affected will not know what is going on and will be under his complete control. If he doesn't make eye contact, the people affected would know what is going on and has a 25-30% chance to escape it. If you do manage to escape it, Carlo would lose a feather and it won't be like it's original state. It would lose its iron but somehow manages to work with his other feathers by not tearing.Carlo knew that sirens are traditionally women with bird-like features, as well as the fact that it contributed to his feminine appearance.

His parents didn't have his quirk. It was his father's mother that had this quirk, but she passed before she could even meet her own daughter-in-law. She had notes of her quirk, as well as her ex-husband's, and passed it down to her son, Yusuke, for future references in case He gets a child who has their quirk. Yusuke was a quirkless man that worked as a support and made machines to help heroes. That being said, marrying a heroine wasn't far off especially if she was your number 1 customer and constantly wants her things made by you only. Baino was a woman who could manipulate any liquid. This quirk didn't exactly sound special, but she made it her own and is now known as the water heroine: Sirena.

Yamato is currently three years old and his quirk haven't manifested yet. No wings, yet. His family lived in a "humble" house (which was a big place--) in Musutafu before they officially married and had him. Growing up, Yamato was usually accompanied by his father since his mother was busy working as a pro for the majority of the week. This led them to become very close. But, this still didn't change the fact that Yusuke works as a support and makes gadgets and can't watch over his son all the time. So he had to inform his wife that he can't always watch their son and that they have to find a babysitter. Luckily, their neighbors are a sweet family that runs a flower shop. The Hayashi family consisted of the Father Mori, the mother Hana and their daughter Kohaku. Hana would watch Yamato while he played with Kohaku in the flower shop. By the afternoons, Yamato would constantly insist that he should go home because he always wanted his parents to rest rather than picking him up from the neighbors. In the end, Yamato and Kohaku would hang out at his place in the afternoon as he waited for his parents. 

One day, Yamato and Kohaku were playing at his place as Hana watches over them when Baino comes home from work. Yamato ran up to her and greeted his mother. The woman chuckled at her son's action and noticed that she was there first, unlike the usual where Yusuke is at home by now. "Has Yusuke come home?" She asked Hana who was packing up their stuff. "No, he hasn't. Was he not supposed to be late today?" This made Baino frown a bit. Did something happen? She shook her head a bit to say no. "Oh…" Hana frowned too. "Well… I guess Kohaku and I should go then. See you two tomorrow!" She said as her daughter waved at Yamato. "Bye-bye, Yama-chan!!" Kohaku said as Yamato waved back with a grin. Baino and Yamato played in the mean time as they wait for Yusuke.

At 8:30, Yamato was now asleep and tucked in when Yusuke came home. He was slightly drunk, to Baino's surprise. "Papa!" Yamato ran to his father but cringed at his smell and stopped. "H-Hey kiddo." Yusuke stuttered, trying to maintain his usual speech. The woman sighed and called their son. "Yama, honey. It's time to sleep." The small child whined as his mother picked him up. "Mama! Papa smells funny. He smelled like bad grapes!" He complained as his parents chuckled. "Why are you up, kiddo? Did you want milk?" Yusuke asked as he ruffled his son's locks as he giggled. "I heard you and I want to see you!" "Well, it's your bed time. We can play tomorrow, okay?" The child nodded as he yawned, feeling slightly sleepy. Baino bought him to his room and tucked him in again and  walked out his room to her husband.

She saw her husband look down as he sat at the living room sofa, fear and doubt clouded his gray eyes. Tears threaten to flow out. She walked to him and sat down beside him. "What's wrong, love? You don't drink usually. Did something happened?" She asked worriedly as she rubbed his back. The tears finaly rolled down his cheeks as he mumbled something. "What was that?" Baino asked, making Yusuke repeat what he said louder, his voice cracking. "Am I a good father or partner...?" Taken aback by his question, Baino looked at her husband who is staring at her, expecting an answer. "Of course you are! Why would you doubt yourself, love?" She asked back, curious and worried on what happened to make him think like this. "W-Well... I was thinking that you might have regretted choosing me and that Yamato would have a better father than I could possibly be. You could have been with a Hero who could guarantee both of your safety! Unlike me who is both quirkless and weak... I tried to be a hero in another way, but I don't even think I am doing it right! Heck! When Yamato said he wanted to be a hero, I was scared that he would be like me!" He sobbed and Baino hugged him tight.

She knew he was scared and insecure about this. She knew but she didn't think it would be this bad. He was scared that if Baino met someone new and that is someone better than him, she would leave him and take Yamato with her. He knows that she isn't like that. But his fear for being abandond again is strong. The fear that this time, he won't have anyone with him anymore unlike before. Baino hugged Yusuke and let him sob on her shoulder. "Yusuke, you know that I don't regret choosing you. You were there not just a support, but as my best friend and as the love of my life. You are strong enough to protect us, too. And that you ARE a hero. For both me and Yamato. Plus, the kid wouldn't back down even if he turns out to be quirkless! You know why?" She said lovingly as she comforted him. Yusuke looked up to her, curiously. "W-why?" He asked, voice raspy and cracking. She only grinned at her husband and said "Because you taught him that heroes aren't always born with powers. That anyone can be a hero in their own way." He looked down and sighed. "But--" "No buts! You make us feel happy and safe. That's what a hero do." She cut him off and wiped his tears gently and lovingly. Baino continued to comfort him, saying things like, "You're our hero", "You are enough" and of course, the famous three words that always work to make him feel at peace, "We love you."

From afar, Yamato heard everything. From his father's self doubts to his mother's comforting words. Even as a three year old, Yamato knew that his father became a support in order to help heroes and be a hero in a different way. But he it is still vague to him that his father wanted to be a known hero and to be strong to protect his family. That is, until now. Yamato loves his parents and he wants them to be happy. This is when he swore to himself to become a hero

ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙʀɪɴɢ ᴀ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ'ꜱ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ.

☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆

Hey guys! I am back with a new story that is an OC insert (again--). I honestly don't know if I should pair him up yet and would like to have feed back from you, the reader! I was thinking maybe Shinsou since he is my favorite and they could relate to each other but they both took it way differently.
I would be making Yamato/Carlo's (he uses Yamato with the people he is very close with and uses Carlo with people who doesn't know him enough instead of using his surname. I'll be mainly be using Carlo most of the time though, since only 3 or 4  people calls him Yamato.) bio as the next chapter to make his background and personality clear for you all to help me with some ideas.  Anyways, thank you for reading this book!!

🅃🄰🄿🄸🄾🅃🅂🄰🄰