ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ

Third Person POV

Kaminari and Jirou stared at Carlo in shock. His soft pale blue eyes turned into cold red eyes. Instead of the usual pure and happy light it always held, it was filled with anger, sadness and frustration. The two realized that there could be more from what the small boy said to them but neither pushed the topic any further and watched the 2 groups that are currently fighting. During their battle, everyone watching had mixed emotions: awe, fear and excitement are the most prominent by the end of it. Izuku and Uraraka won but weren't hailed as the best example, it was Iida. Momo started explaining why Iida earned his spot and Carlo saw the joy in Iida, the frustration in Bakugou and... he doesn't really know about Uraraka and Izuku. They're both too tired to express any emotions (especially since one has passed out-) from what he could see. He chuckled at Iida and his red eyes turned back to his pale blue ones, calmed down from the raging emotions he felt earlier. His teammates started to get worried for his mental state.

"Carlo, you okay there?" Kaminari asked, his concern obvious in his tone. "Oh! Yeah. Sorry, I just thought of something funny." The blonde raised a brow. "Did you see how happy Iida was being praised? It's so pure!" The indigo haired boy said, while the blonde and ravenette eased a bit at his genuine reaction. "Are you sure you're not lying?" Jirou prodded just to be sure. "If I was lying, my feathers and voice would betray me." Carlo said and laughed. "Could you try lying to us?" "Oh! uhm... I'm strAIGHT." His voice cracked and his feathers ruffled dangerously. The way his voice cracked caught everyone's attention and they looked at him with varying degrees of shock until Kaminari started laughing. "OH MY GOD! THAT VOICE CRACK--" He wheezed and Carlo's face went red in embarrassment and punched him lightly. "S-Shut up! You guys asked me to lie!" "Lie?" Sero pipped in, interest picqued. "Well... I can't lie for the life of me. And if I do, my voice and feathers betrays me like what happened just now." "Then... You're not straight?" Mina inquired, joining the conversation. "Nope! I'm asexual panromantic!" The short boy said proudly. "Well, maybe demisexual? I'm not really sure about that yet. Anyways, can we continue the class and NOT talk about that voice crack? I'm looking at you, Kami." Everyone nodded and the battles went on.

Soon, it was their turn against Ashido and Aoyama. With the three as heroes, and the two as villains. "Hey! Do your best, guys!" Carlo cheered for Ashido and Aoyama. The pinkette smiled and ran to the smaller boy and squished his cheeks in her hands. "You too, you lil' angel bean!" She said with a baby voice, then waved at them as she goes in with Aoyama. The indigo haired boy rubbed his cheeks with a pout, a light blush on his cheeks. Jirou called him and talked about their plans, suggesting and thinking of ways to deal with certain problems. Then, they're ready to start. "Okay kids! START!" All Might said and the hero team immediately made their move.

Jirou ran and plugged her earphone jack to the wall, detecting where could they be. "Third floor at the right side." She said and nodded to Carlo and Kaminari, who both ran inside and positioned theirselves near that area. The blonde looked at the indigo haired boy, covering his ears with some ear plugs that they asked from Yaoyorozu, and nodded. The small boy saw both Aoyama and Ashido with their guards up and he showed himself. The two are expecting him to charge at them with his wings and shot out acid and lasers, but they keep on missing. Carlo was dodging every single attack and was making sure he doesn't go near Kaminari's location. To the left. To the right. Jumping up. Crouching down. And making sure he doesn't go to the left side of the room.

Back in the main room, everyone watched as Jirou sneaks in to the two's location as back up. She came in later than the boys because she stayed to navigate them if their opponents decided to move and tell them. But after a while, she knew that all four are now in one room and rushed to aid them. The other students watched Carlo dodge all the attacks thrown at him as Kaminari attempts to slip to the fake bomb, only to stop at one area. It didn't have any openings and he couldn't just charge in, it would cause them to lose! They're confused, Kaminari could have electrecuted them and be done! Or is it because they considered the type of bomb it is? They haven't seen Carlo pull out any feathers or even sing. This left the villain team dumbfounded and as well as All Might.