ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ᴜ.ᴀ. ᴇɴᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴇxᴀᴍꜱ [ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1]

Carlo Yamato Yuzuki -AGE 14/PRESENT-

Carlo's POV

It was 6 in the morning and I'm still sleeping peacefully on my cocoon-- I mean hammock. So you might be wondering: 'why on earth am I sleeping on a hammock instead of a regular bed like normal people?' One word; wings. Since my wings are pretty much blades to anything that isn't my body (not including my hands--), it would tear everything. So my dad decided to give me a hammock made out of half of my fallen feathers, which lets my wings slip pass through it while I sleep on it. But enough about of my hammock! As much as I like to be proud of it, I was still dreaming of what would it be like going to Yuuei until-- "WAKE THE FUCK UP" "AH-- OOF!" I screamed and fell out of my hammock face first when my alarm rang. Groaning in pain, I sat down on my fluffy rug and glared at my alarm from across the room. Why is it across the room? I don't know too. I stood up and walked to my alarm, which was playing this vine:

Yeah, that one, and turned it off. My door suddenly swings open and my mom is at the door. "ARE YOU OKAY? DID SOMEONE BREAK IN!?" She practically screamed her questions as water levitated around her, ready to attack. "No, I just fell down the hammock." I answered sheepishly with a nervous laugh while my mom just looked at me in disappointment. "Again?" "Yep!" She sighed and pulled out an empty bottle to store the water then left. "What do you want for breakfast, kiddo?" Mom asked, coming back to the door. I shrugged and told her anything with almonds are fine. She nodded and left, leaving me to fix my hammock off the ceiling and keep it away in a drawer on an actual bed. This bed is what Haku uses when she stays over and I am just lucky that my ceiling is high enough to give space for my ceiling fan, but low enough that I wouldn't need to fly to attach and detach my hammock every night. After stashing it, I went to my mini calendar and encircled the date today. February 26. The exam day.

I went out of my room and took a quick shower to prepare for the day. I brought my phone with me to play some music from a safe distance. I played the song Kamatte Choudai by Mafumafu and Amatsuki, and I remembered that Haku had to tape my mouth since I use this song to train my quirk. Chuckling at the memory, I let the warm water slide down my body as I take a shower. Once I was finished, I tied my hair in a semi-ponytail with one of the copies of a gray ribbon that I always had as a kid and wore my middle school uniform. This is the last time I had to wear this pain in the ass uniform and I never felt so relieved. I always had to button this down and my wings almost tore every other pair I had. I took a bag and filled with necessities for the exam. Which are my cropped sleeveless hoodie, jogger pants, rubber shoes, food, water, and of course, almonds and my phone.

I ran downstairs with the bag, excited for the day and what to eat, only to see what mom made. There was a jar of grape jam, next to two freshly toasted bread with almond milk beside it. Running to my seat, my dad, who was already sitting down with a cup of coffee in hand, chuckles. "Someone's excited today." He grinned as I pick up the bread, only to regret it after. "YEOUCH!" I yelped and dropped the bread, luckily dropping it back on my plate. I blew on my hand to cool it off and papa just laughed at my misfortune. Shooting him a playful glare, he soon calmed down. "Where's your gloves, kiddo?" He asked while taking a sip with a small chuckle. My mind suddenly turned on its gears and I realized that I was burnt because I wasn't wearing it. "Be right back!" I yelled as I flew to my room to grab a new pair, since the last pair are now in the wash. I even made sure I had my glasses and earrings because I do NOT want to remember that I forgot about it in the middle of the exams. I flew back to the dining room and finally spread the jam on my bread and ate it.