ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: ᴜ.ᴀ. ᴇɴᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴇxᴀᴍꜱ [ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2]

I'm just gonna shove some shameless plug here and say that the video above is an animatic I made before this story! Which is why, if you watched it, you will notice some parts are off in the story. And that is because I finished the animatic first then just added the extra details I couldn't make in there here!

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

Carlo's POV

So I was standing there, feeling intimidated by the large area in front of me. Like, I knew that this school has a lot of budget. But I didn't think that they had 7 huge areas to destroy! I gulped and went to the middle of the crowd to maybe get a head start. "Oof! I'm so sorry!" I said as I accidentally bump into a guy. He had tired lavender eyes and matching messy purple hair. Ba-bump! Oh no... I felt my face flush red and immediately walked-- ran away from him to calm myself down. I also tried shouting an apology while I'm at it. No! Bad Yamato! We talked about this! No crushes until you meet them properly! Not like some shoujo manga! Plus, he's probably straight! And we know what happens when you have a crush on a straight guy! He's going to leave you right after he hears your quirk anyway! I thought and slapped my cheeks.

"Are you nervous too?" A sweet voice asked me, making me look up to see a girl with bright chocolate eyes and hair. "I-I guess you could say that..!" I stuttered, feeling my face turn red again. Why NOW?! "I-I'm Carlo!" I said trying to calm myself down and awkwardly stuck out my hand. "I'm Uraraka! Nice to meet you!" She said and shook my hand. "Can I ask you about your quirk?" "Oh! My quirk is 'Zero Gravity'! I can make things float as long as I touch them with my fingers." she explained and showed me her hands. "What about you?" She asked excitedly. "Oh! Uh, my quirk is 'Iron Siren'. Technically I have two quirks but I just decided to merge the name." I said. "What can you do?" I gulped "Well, I have wings that are made out of my blood's iron. And it's sharp and almost indestructible unless the force is too strong, which is dangerous, or when I'm low on iron. I can also control people after they hear me sing and get close enough to drown in my voice." I explained. I suddenly felt someone else looking at me once I said the word 'control'. Please no bullying. Please no bullying. Please no bullying! I prayed and looked at Uraraka.

"Really? That's so cool! I bet you have a wonderful voice!" She said in glee. I couldn't help but blush. No one put it like that before... Gathering all of my energy, I asked "Hey, do you want to exchange numbers?" "Sure!" Oh thank god! She pulled out her phone and so did I. I did the same thing that I did with Shark Boy and Pika-boo then gave it back to her. "Thank you!" I thanked her, really socially drained. Uraraka giggled and nodded. "I should go so you can prepare. I hope we see each other again!" She said and walked away, waving. "Would you look at this! It's our little birdie Yamato. You even look like the little SL*T that you are." Oh shit-- I felt my blood run cold and looked behind me. It was my school bully who tried to harass me before. I took a step back and looked around for help then I locked eyes with the same tired lavender eyes from earlier. Why am I even looking for someone to help me, anyway? No one did before. So why would they now? I thought and I tried to walk away from the bully. "Aww! Are you thinking that I'll hit on you again?" He asked and harshly pulled my hair. "Ouch! J-Just leave me alone!" I tried to growl while in pain but he only cackled at me as I struggle. Panic and fear washed over my body as I try to get him to let me go. "P-please! Let me go!" My panic rises as I felt my wings ruffled and people around us just ignored us. No one would ever stand up to you. Not even that hero-- 'That hero..?' "Hey you! Let him go." A deep, tired voice said. What the--? Someone actually helped ME? I thought in shock. He lets go of me and clicked his tongue. "Tch. You're lucky that we're in U.A. property and I have to act like I give a SHIT about you." He walked away and glared at the person who helped me. It was lavender boy. Ba-bump! Ba-bump! Oh my- S t o p.

"T-Thank you for helping me!" I said, bowing. "No need to thank me. People with the same type of quirk has to stand by each other." He said and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded. Same type of quirk...? He--! My train of thought was cut off by Mic and it was the start of the exams. I flew up and crashed in the area and started looking for robots. I spotted 3 2-pointers and flew towards those, preparing my feathers to destroy it. I made a 12 inch feather and stabbed it's core. Making another one then shot it to the second one's face. Then I flew towards the third one, making my wings cut its head off. Dropping down to the ground, all three fell down too with a loud crash and I smirked. Time to get wild.

I continued to destroy more robots while flying in to get some other kids out of the way of falling robots, and I currently have 59 points. Standing on the remains of the one I just finished, I suddenly felt the ground shake. I was confused. What's going on? I asked myself while looking around. I searched the area and heard the others scream. "RUN! IT'S THE ZERO POINTER!" One screamed while passing by me. I looked at the area where he came from and saw it. It was causing destruction everywhere! I froze then saw the lavender boy was still in its path. He froze! Without thinking, I ran and then flew towards him and got him out the way. "What the--!?" He screamed and I put him down to the safe area. "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded. "...Thanks." He said and I smiled at him. "No problem! Gotta help someone who understands, right?" I chuckled and he smiled a bit. "SMAASH!!" Someone screamed. We both looked and I forgot that we were still in the exam! There was a boy who destroyed the zero pointer! "IZUKU!!" I screamed and ran to him. I was about to fly when I saw Uraraka flew with a piece of a robot under her and slapped Izuku at the face to use her quirk. Slowing down, they reached the ground safely and I stopped running completely. Oh my god, they're safe! I thought and my legs gave up on me.

"IT'S ALL OVER!!" Mic's voice came through and I panted. I tried standing up but they still felt like jello and I fell again. People crowded over Izuku and I heard an old woman's voice. "Well done! Good work!" She said, making me look at her. It was Recovery Girl giving out some gummy bears. She passed by me and gave me some. I thanked her and stood up again successfully then walked out to change. When I reached the changing room, I saw that Haku texted me that she finished early and that auntie needed her so I would be going home alone today. I texted her back that it's fine and all that then changed my clothes.

☆Timeskip☆

Weeks later, today is the day we get the letter. Ever since the exams, I was more nervous and jumpy since I only got 59 points! Other kids probably got something higher than me! I texted my new friends and Haku too and have introduced them to each other so they could talk too. I grew close to Kirishima the most and saw him as a brother. I didn't get to talk to Izuku or Lavender boy after the exams, which made me sad. I hope I get to see them in U.A. if I got accepted. "YAMA! THE LETTER!!" Papa shouted and I flew down and snatched it out of his hands. "Do you want to open it alone or...? He asked and I nodded then flew back to my room. Sitting on my desk, I stared down at the letter, shaking. Deep breaths, Yamato. Deep. Breaths. I thought and breathed deeply then tear it open on the top. A disk fell out and showed a hologram. My eyes sparkled at the disk and at All Might. "HELLO YOUNG YUZUKI! IT IS I, ALL MIGHT! YOU HAVE GATHERED 59 VILLAIN POINTS AND... YOU PASSED!" I passed...! I did it! I thought and he continued. "NOT JUST THAT! NOT ONLY YOU HAVE ENOUGH VILLAIN POINTS TO PASS, BUT YOU SAVED OTHER STUDENTS IN THE TEST AND GAINED 15 HERO POINTS! WITH THE GRAND TOTAL OF 74 POINTS! EARNING SECOND PLACE!" Whoa, REALLY?! I felt tears flow down my cheeks. Warmth envelops my chest. Oh my god...! "YOUR MOTHER, SIRENA, ACTUALLY SUGGESTED THAT YOU GET A SPECIAL SEAT AND LET YOUR CLASS HOLD 21 STUDENTS BECAUSE SHE KNEW YOU AND OTHER STUDENTS ARE CAPABLE ENOUGH. SADLY, SHE ONLY MANAGED TO CONVINCE YOUR UNCLE TO DO THAT IN YOUR CLASS, 1-A. ANYWAYS, WELCOME YOUNG YUZUKI! THIS YOUR HERO ACADEMY." He finished and the hologram ended.

I grabbed the disk and walked back down then tackled papa to the ground. "Woah..! How did it go?" He asked and patted my head as I cry. I looked up to him and gave him the disk. He played it again and he cheered hearing that I got second. "THAT'S MY BOY! I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL YOUR MOTHER--" He was cut off when All Might talked about the extra seat and that Mom was involved. Papa laughed. "Of course your mother tried to reason with him." He sighed and I laughed too. Mom came in and she had a box of almond cupcakes with her. "How are my heroes~?" She asked and put the box down the table. I tackled her to a hug and thanked her. "Why are you thanking me, Yama?" She chuckled "You and papa are the best! Because of you two..." I started, my hug tightened, my smile grew. The tears on my eyes haven't stopped yet.

"ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ, ᴛᴏᴏ."