Part XVII

not edited

-

"Jade, love, wake up." Klaus' soft voice lured me back into reality as I opened my eyes, met by his calm and relaxed face. His face which was too close for my comfort.

I sat up, unaware of my surrounding for it was dim, and I could only make out a few cars. It was dark and quiet, and the fact that Klaus was staring at me curiously was not helping, the atmosphere thick.

"Time to go, sweetheart." Klaus grinned, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Where to?" I asked as Klaus exited his driver's side, opening my door and at my side in mere seconds.

"A surprise." He grinned, offering me his hand. I took it, allowing him to help me down.

"So.. Were taking a plane?" I stood there awkwardly as Klaus got our stuff from the back.

"Private jet, actually." He said, taking out my heavy luggage as if were light as a feather.

"Do you need help?"

He only smiled at me, shutting the car door and dragging my luggage with him.

"Where's your stuff?" I asked as I followed close behind him.

"Already there." He looked back at me and grinned. I couldn't help but smile to myself, Klaus was pretty cute when excited.

Klaus put my stuff down when we reached a door with a keypad on it, typing in four digits, the door opening directly after.

A woman greeted us on the other side, flashing Klaus an annoying and almost too friendly smile, while her eyes and smile dimmed when they landed on me.

"Mackenzie. Take Miss Jade and her luggage to the jet please while I make a quick call." Klaus said, not paying attention to her busty and desperate outfit.

"Of course, sir." She said as Klaus handed her my luggage, before he turned his head to give me a warm grin. I smiled in return, feeling Mackenzie fume jealousy from the corner of my eye.

We both watched as Klaus walked away, before disappearing a corner. I turned my attention to Mackenzie, who had started walking across the huge white room with my luggage and to the jet placed in the middle.

She led me silently up the jet steps and into the white interior of the jet. The first thing I noticed was the beautifully furnished white seats on both sides, along with two marble tables. A small plate of food was set out on one of the marble surfaces, along with a tall bottle of wine and two glasses.
Mackenzie led me to the back, past the mini fridge and a door which I assumed led to the toilet. She put down my luggage only to slide open two glass doors, which led to an enormous king sized bed embroidered in gold. She picked up my stuff, placing it in the corner.

Turning back around, she just looked at me, scanning me up and down, almost as if she were judging me.

"Be careful." Mackenzie warned me, before walking past me.

"Excuse me?" I snapped, turning around to see her stop in her tracks.

"You look like a nice girl. It would be devastating to see you broken and hurt from Klaus."

"He would never hurt me."

She snapped her head back at me, her eyes hardening.

"He already has." And then she was gone from my eyes.

I sighed in annoyance, falling back into the soft and comforting bed.

"I'm gone for five minutes and you've already fallen asleep?"