II

edited

-

Dawn of the eve crept through New Orleans. The sun was setting ever so slowly along the horizon, casting many vivid patterns in the sky, making it seem restless and alive. Mixtures of purple, green, orange, blue, yellow, and red shone through the thick trees of the usual lively town.

But right now, the town was anything but lively. In the main square was a large group of vampires in a wide circle, a single figure in the middle.

A girl with the brightest green eyes was sprawled out in the center of the chaos. She had cuts and bruises all over her body, and to recently add to that, a newly broken leg.

The small amount of witches in the town had formed a small group in the square. They were yelling at the vampires, one main one at exact. But they were only defending their kind, for the injured woman in the center had not used magic, nor committed treason. But only two of those witches known that she indeed had. And those two witches were also to blame for the weapon that they and the injured girl were creating against the vampires.

A small but striking woman with the most intimidating scowl on her face approached the crowd, fury dancing in her eyes. The vampires turned their heads in response to her alluring scent, their lust for her blood overwhelming their senses. But they would not hurt her, and if they had, Marcel would have them killed. By his own hands.

She stomped furiously through the crowd that had formed around her friend, slapping away at the hands that had reached out to touch her skin. She walked faster as her friend finally appeared in sight, only to be stopped by a tall and dark skinned man that blocked her way.

"What are you doing here, Jade?" He had stepped in front of her, his enormous height making it hard to see Morgan.

She sighed, not meeting his gaze once. "Please move, Marcel. I have no intention of wanting to talk to you or look at you. Ever." Jade spat out, very clearly not in the mood to deal with him. Marcel was strongly taken back by the vicious tone of her voice.

"You can't be here. Humans are not allowed to attend these... ceremonies. Ever." Marcel said, the corners of his mouth pulled up into slight smirk when he watched her face twist in revulsion when he called this a ceremony. The rest of the vampires laughed at his interesting choice of words. Except for the witches, and of course, Jade herself.

Jade's anger burned brighter as she glowered at him. The other vampires' laughter died down, the amused expression disappeared from Marcel's face. He seemed to be caught under the trance of a mere human, his eyes unblinking, never averting his gaze from Jade.

"Move." Jade simply said. Marcel obeyed her, moving to the side, revealing the sight of the crippled witch.

Jade's mood had shifted. Her pure anger was replaced by pure guilt.

She ran up to her dear friend, ignoring the stares she was receiving from the hungry vampires around them. Scooping her friend's weakened body in her arms, she let the tears fall from her eyes, holding her dear friend close.

Morgan opened her eyes, her heart breaking at the crying sight of Jade.

She smiled weakly at Jade, using her little energy to wipe away tears that escaped her eyes. Jade opened her eyes that were clamped shut, looking down at the fragile sight of her friend.

"I'm so sorry. I'll get you out of here. I promise." Jade choked out, her voice wavering at her last words. Morgan only shook her head, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Its not your fault. Its mine." She paused, coughing heavily, causing jolts of pain to reverberate throughout her body. Morgan ignored the pain, as she continued. "And no you won't. You will leave, right now. And if you don't, I will use force." She warned Jade.