VII

edited

-

Third Person

Jason let out a malevolent chuckle as he scrutinized Elijah, his rage only heightening at Elijah's futile attempt to threaten him.

Marcel had pulled Klaus far enough away from Jason so that a vampire was between them. Marcel turned Klaus on his back, slapping his face with the back of his hand in an attempt to wake him up.

"Get up, Klaus. Get up." He whispered, fearing that the ticking time bomb that was the monster would go off any minute.

"What's all this? Trapping the enemy are you?" Jason sneered.

"You are a formidable foe. But you can't kill us all."

"You really are that scared of me that you conjured up a small army of bloodsuckers? Ha!"

"Leave my brother and Jade alone."

"How about you give me Jade, and I don't kill you all on the spot."

"You really think you're in the place to negotiate you bastard?!" Rebekah stepped forward from behind Elijah, longing to sink her fangs in him and tear his head off.

"Rebekah. Go back to Jade." Elijah warned her, his expression grim as his eyes pleaded with her to back away.

"Ah. How about you give me Jade, and I won't hurt her?" Jason's malicious sneer grew.

"Never." Rebekah answered for Elijah, taking a daring step forward to challenge him.

Jason shrugged. "Alright. I asked."

Behind them a few feet away, in the arms of a female vampire that Rebekah had handed her off to, Jade doubled over and puked. The brunette vampire held her hair back and turned her around to a more comfortable position, all the while making sure she didn't twist Jade's broken left arm. It was in the process of healing thanks to Rebekah's blood, but it was still tender and torn.

"What's happening?!" The female vampire, Naya, exclaimed. At first, all that exited Jade's mouth were little bits of food and water. And then her body crumpled forward, blood spewing out.

Rebekah was at Jade's side, patting her back in support, the Original's flying to her forehead.

"Elijah, she's burning up!"

On the other side of the clearing, Klaus stirred awake, resulting in a relieved sigh from Marcel.

Marcel grabbed his arm and pulled him up to his feet, a slightly dazed Klaus looking at his old friend with a puzzled expression.

"What are you doing here?"

"Never mind that. Somethings wrong." Marcel placed his hand on Klaus shoulder, leading him closer to the clearing.

Jason's back was to them, blocking the view of Elijah, Rebekah, Naya, and a puking Jade.

Klaus slipped out a guttural snarl, Marcel pulling him back so he didn't go in and get himself screwed over by Jason again.

"He's hurting Jade. You can't just go in like that."

"What in the hell are you doing to her? Stop it!!" Rebekah screamed at a snickering Jason. He stood casually in the center, arms crossed, mind focused solely on that tiny sliver of control he had over Jade's soul.

And at Rebekah's request, Jade stopped convulsing.

She gasped for air, clutching and clawing at her chest in desperation. Sweat clung to Jade's skin, her temperature only rising. Naya turned her around and sat her up so she could breathe in the air faster.