Part XVIII

not edited

-

Elijah

"He what?"

"He lost the bitch." Klaus repeated himself rather harshly through the phone.

"The bitch?" I asked, confused.

"The witch bitch." Rebekah said from the couch, rolling her eyes at me.

"This witch bitch as in-

-the insane witch Jade Margaret." Klaus said.

"You are sure that Silas lost her?" I asked again, receiving a groan from the other line.

"Yes."

"He could be lying, you know."

"I know. That's why I need you to watch him." Klaus said.

"Watch, as in like, stalk him? Im up for that." Rebekah jumped cheerfully to her feet. Klaus chuckled.

"I don't trust him. You don't trust him. So I need you to watch his every move from a distance to see what Satan is up to."

"Good. I'll take first shift!" Rebekah called to the phone. She walked out of the room humming to herself, not her usual annoying self.

Klaus chuckled quietly on the other line.

"How is she?" I asked my brother, changing the subject.

"Her stubborn mood brightened into a happy one when she found out we would be staying in the Rockies."

"That's good. Is she with you right now?"

"I compelled her to sleep in the car."

"And she hasn't argued with you yet?"

"Not at all. She's on her guard."

"You've scared her?"

"More like intimidated her. She doesn't feel comfortable being alone in the mountains with me for a week or two. I did however assure her that we wouldn't be alone."

"Alright brother. I'll call you when I have any news of Silas."

"Good."

I hung up the phone, walking out of the room and outside of the house.

The moment I stepped foot outside of the house, I felt eyes on me from every direction, the eyes hiding themselves amongst the trees.

I stood up tall, kept my eyes forward, and took one step.

And then a shot rung out as I felt a jolt of pain on my right side. Two more shots, and another burst on my left side and on my hip.

"Get him." A voice said, before I felt a body beat me down to the ground.

The vampire who had a hold of me snapped my head up to meet Marcel's angered face.

"Where is he." He yelled. I looked behind him, seeing a group of vampires around me.

"I don't know." I said weakly, unsure if he was talking about Silas or Klaus.

Marcel plunged a stake into my chest, as I felt my body start to frail on me.

"Where. Is. He." Marcel growled.

"Come now Marcel, no need to be so violent." His dark voice boomed. Through my blurred vision I watched Jason emerge from the group of vampires, dragging an injured Rebekah behind him.