Part XV

not edited

-

jαdε

"Jade dear, wake up."

I was having one of those dreams in which I was being chased, running through the woods and trying to escape this predator. I hadn't seen the predator's face or any physical trait of what he was, but what I did remember was that it was chasing me for a reason. That reason, I assumed, was my blood, but the true reason is not that obviously shown.

Morgan was shaking me roughly, urgently trying to get me up from my sleep. I swatted away her hands, trying to hide myself deeper in under the blankets. She let out a soft laugh.

"Come on, sleeping beauty. You've been sleeping for almost fifteen hours." Morgan was now sitting next to me, trying to pull the blankets off from my face. I scooted down closer to the bottom of the bed, bringing the fold of the blanket with me so she wouldn't be able to rid me of my sleep.

"Alright then. Be stubborn." Morgan scolded, a playful tone in her voice. I ignored her, desperately trying to escape back into sleep, so I could escape the world. I felt the mattress slowly rise as Morgan got off it, her footsteps on the wooden floor echoing around the room.

And then my sheets were flung off me, the light flooding into my eyes. I curled up into a ball, keeping my eyes shut as I groaned in annoyance. I draped my arm over my face, trying to block out the light.

"Go away." I muttered angrily.

"And there I thought you would be thrilled to see me." I heard a chuckle.

I slowly moved my arm away from my eyes, squinting my eyes at the familiar face before me.

Stefan was staring intently down at me, well more at my cursed eye, and then he broke out into a grin.

That same grin took me back to a flashback, a memory of when I had been with Silas and Stefan.

But Stefan had been chained up, tortured, growling and screaming ferociously. He had been calling for me, begging me to help him. I remember Silas had warned me against approaching Stefan or even to go try and help him, for he wasn't his normal self.

But of course I made the mistake of going to Stefan, responding to his calls, for his screaming my name was growing on my every nerve.

And as I entered the room he was locked up in, that same grin burst through his face. He motioned for me to come closer. I did.

And then I was pressed up against the wall, Stefan hovering over me, his eyes pitch black, fangs bared.

He moved forward as if to hug me or help me up, but I pushed myself back against the far end of the bed, my fear alive from that mere memory.

I glanced down at Stefan's wrists, which were all bandaged up, the healing process would take days for the vervain covered chains dug deep into his skin

"You alright, Jade?" He asked, raising his eyebrows in concern.

"No." I spoke quickly.

"What's wrong? Am I frightening you?" He asked, his lips twitching up.

"No, Stefan. Just please-

-shhh deary." He was now at the edge of my bed, bending down and crawling slowly to me.

"Don't come any closer. Please." I pleaded. Stefan stopped just a few feet in front of me, his eyes staring knives into my soul.

Let me rephrase that; Silas.