Part XXIX

not edited

-

Jade Alexander

"What's wrong?"

My head snapped up at Stefan's voice for the millionth time today. He kept asking me over and over again if I was okay, because I looked worried.

And I was worried.

I felt that something bad was about to happen.

And I was also tired. Exhausted, in fact. I hadn't slept well last night. There was an uncomfortable and uneasy feeling in my stomach that caused me to toss and turn all night.

"I'm just tired. I told you." I pulled the same excuse.

Stefan frowned. "Something's bothering you. What is it?"

I looked at him, admiring the fact that he seemed to care deeply for my well being and my feelings. Unlike someone I know.

I gave Stefan a small smile.

"Its.. I know we've only been gone from New Orleans for a few days. I'm just.. nervous. And anxious. If things don't go according to plan, then Jason will kill us all-

-don't say that. Everything will be fine." Stefan reassured me, squeezing my hand.

I shut my eyes, shaking my head.

"How can you sit there pretending like everything's going to be alright when you know its not?" I asked him.

Stefan sighed, releasing my hand. He bowed his head as he clasped his hands, his gaze on the ground. "I guess you could say its a habit. I try not to be a pessimist and think the worst of things."

"Even if the things are inevitable?"

Stefan lifted his head up to look at me as he smiled. "Even if the things are inevitable."

"You truly are one of a kind." I complimented him, relaxing back in my seat and tilting my head back.

I heard Stefan chuckle as sounds of shuffling were heard. And then his quiet footsteps sounded off to the other room, as the sound of a sliding door opened and closed.

I reached my hand to the side of the chair, pulling the lever to recline it back. I pulled the fuzzy blanket up to my chin as I laid on my side, the soft vibrations of the jet sounding around me.

Faint talking was heard in the other room. Owen's laughter even vibrated out through the jet, along with Klaus'. I assumed Klaus had apologized for his drama all resulting in Owen's almost death.

I shut my eyes, feeling myself about to drift off before the sound of the sliding door was heard.

I kept my eyes shut, hearing this person's footsteps come closer.

"Jade, sweetie. Do you want to sleep in a proper bed?" Alycia's soft voice rung out. I concluded that she knew I was still awake.

"A bed would be nice." I murmured, keeping my eyes shut.

"I'll take her." Another set of footsteps entered the room as his voice rung out. Every single time I heard his voice it would send chills down my spine.

"Alright." Alycia said, as she walked away, the sound of the sliding door shutting behind her.

"I'm going to lift you up, love." Klaus said from my right side. I didn't say anything, still keeping my eyes shut as I turned back onto my back.

His arms snaked under my back and my legs as I felt myself being lifted up swiftly and then brought to his chest.

He took me into the room at the back of the jet, with the bed placed on the back corner of the room, and a hot tub like bath on the other end.