V

edited

-

Elijah

"What do you expect will happen to the girl?" Rebekah had been pondering over Jade for the past few days, not listening to my protests and actions for her to stop. It wasn't like her to be concerned over the life of a mortal. In all honesty, I did not know what was going to happen to Jade. She seemed a purely innocent girl, but from the moment I met her I could tell something was quite off about her. She was hiding something without a doubt. But wether she knew what that was concerned me, because she seemed oblivious to the fact of who, or what she is.

The fact that she hadn't had a single episode ever since Klaus gave her his blood further surprised me. and that was five days ago. But there was still something different and unique about the life of her heart, and her blood, that intrigued me.

Furthermore, I was more concerned about the fact that she had been spending majority of her time with Klaus.

Yes, my brother is someone a human like her shouldn't be spending time around. Especially with her blood. I was worried about what my careless little brother would do to this poor girl. But if he did try to harm her, which he had promised me he would not and he had not yet, I would definitely find a way to remove him from New Orleans. Even if I needed the help of his old friend, Marcel.

Right now, Rebekah and I were helping remove Jade's desired needs from her home. We had decided that Jade, with her hesitant agreement, would move out of her late parents' home in the mean time and stay somewhere safer away from Marcel. I had told Jade that she should stay somewhere closer to us so it would be easier for us to watch over her and protect her, but Rebekah had insisted she stay at our household. Klaus, in an instant, had said no, and it also seemed as if Jade had no desire to stay in the same place as my sister and brother. I wouldn't blame her; they were both quite a handful. But put both of them together, and it was eat chaos.

Jade was extremely hesitant and nervous about moving out of her parents' home, even if it was only temporarily. And she had every reason to, but the way she had acted made it seem as if she was more afraid of leaving it because of something that was in this house specifically.

Rebekah had been groaning and complaining all day, at how we had to be the ones to move out all of Jade's stuff to her new house, which was just a few blocks down from ours. It was for safety cautions, I had told her, which seemed to make her even more frustrated.

"Elijah!" Rebekah's voice disrupted me from my thoughts. I stood in front of a bookshelf that was placed against the wall. A very unusual place for a bookshelf to be, I had thought. It was the only thing placed against this wall, the wall even clear of any photos. Turning back around, I made my way back to the truck that my scowling sister was at.

"What are you doing just standing in there? We're done already." She said as I approached the truck door. Yes, we had seemed to be done. But I wasn't done just yet..

"Go. I have one more thing I need to check out." She didn't even question me as she hopped into the driver's seat. I had then turned around, making my way back to the house, keen in finding out what that empty book shelf was about.

"Elijah, wait." Rebekah appeared in front of me, blocking my path from the house. I could hear the nervousness in her tone, a worried expression crossing her face.

"Be careful, ok?"

Her words replayed in my head as I approached the house and searched within it for what I was looking for. And when I found it, I had finally understood the meaning of Rebekah's words.