Part XXXI

not edited

-

She was a peaceful sleeper. With that tranquil expression on her face, one wouldn't know of all the hell she had gone through.

A month had passed since the homicide committed by no other than this unconscious girl sleeping before me. I felt the need to come back and check up on this poor, broken girl, since I had erased her memory of the horrid events and any other witnesses around her. As of right now, all she knew was that her entire family was murdered by a psycho serial killer who had also killed a few of her family's friends. I left a vivid memory of a knight in shining armor sweeping in and saving her, the damsel in distress, from the killer in her mind, without revealing too much of my identity. I hadn't really thought of the consequences of my actions and what it would do to my reputation. Klaus Mikaelson, the most dangerous vampire alive, caring about the life of some simple and feeble human girl? That even sounds ridiculous just thinking of it. But no. I wasn't thinking with my head. It was true I didn't think of the consequences it had for me.

I was just thinking of the girl's consequences that I didn't hesitate to save her.

Don't get me wrong. She deserves to be blamed for all of this. I mean, murdering your entire family? I know quite well myself that I am a mad man, but that exceeds way beyond what I would do.

And what intrigued me about her was that she was tooling around with the supernatural. It was quite entertaining to watch for a certain time, but I knew I had to intervene in when she started killing everyone.

The foolish priest thought he had gotten rid of the demon consuming her. But no. It was me, compelling the monster to leave her body at once and to never bother her again. Surprisingly, and to my luck, it worked.

I hadn't thought of that demon that possessed Jade's body for quite a while. In fact, I didn't give a damn about it, and I didn't even know, well, don't even know, much about it.

But just looking down at Jade's placid and stunning expression caused a ludicrous thought to suddenly flash through my mind.

I could see why the demon wanted a peace of her. She was, is, a real catch, a vulnerable and easy tool to prey on when it came to beings of the supernatural, like myself. But of course that included demons too.

I predict there will come a day when that demon will come back to get what it wants. Jade.

I couldn't have the girl screw up my city that one day, in the future, I would reclaim.

I will return one day, the day when I am free, when my siblings are free, from the wrath of my wretched, blood thirsty father.

And when I return, I would rid my city of its burdens. Perhaps I would even make this human girl my personal blood slave.

What struck me odd was how I hadn't laid a finger on her bare skin yet; why I hadn't sunk my fangs into her flesh and drained her dry.

Maybe its because I'm not as hellish as everyone, and myself, assume. Or maybe its because I feel pity for this girl.

Damn. I hadn't even had a proper conversation with her and she's already played with my feelings. Perhaps I just would have Elijah wipe my memory of this visit to New Orleans and everything that had happened. Yes. I would do that.