Part XXIV

not edited

-

"Come on. Get up." I unwrapped Klaus' arms from my body, slowly bringing myself up, deciding to ignore the fact that he was drenched in blood, not his blood. I pulled him up with me, noticing the shift in his posture. Klaus slumped his shoulders as I wrapped his left arm around me, his warm breath hitting my face as he chuckled.

"Never thought I would ever say this in my infinite lifetime. But I feel weak."

I let out a laugh, taking a few steps with Klaus alongside me. He grunted when I accidentally jabbed my shoulder into his chest as he tripped onto me. I caught him, he was heavy, but I caught him.

"Gosh, why do you have to be so fucking heavy." I groaned, trying to take a step forward with Klaus' weight literally on my shoulders. Luckily, I succeeded with little trouble.

"Since when did you start uttering profanities, my love?" Klaus asked, amusement thick on his tongue.

I was starting to break a sweat as my breaths came out quicker; I could still feel whatever was left of Klaus' evil floating within me as I tried to physically keep him up at the same time I tried to rid of this poison within me.

Trying to keep Klaus up while getting rid of his evil inside me made me feel weak and tired and drained. I know what Klaus is feeling; I just sucked out the huge part of him that made him who he was. And I had that done to me years ago by Klaus himself, but instead of blaming all of that on Klaus like I had done hours ago, I felt it was all my fault now.

I shouldn't have yelled at Klaus. If I hadn't, his temper tantrum would not have happened.

I set him down gently on the ground, ignoring his stubborn retaliations against me.

I searched his pockets as he rolled in pain on the ground, gripping his head.

I almost felt regret into taking Klaus' monstrous side from him, regret from taking out a huge part of him that made him him.

And I was always told by Morgan that magic always comes at a price. I was afraid of the price of removing a huge part of Klaus.

I pulled out his phone from his pocket, sighing in relief. I shoved the negative thoughts in my head back, unlocking Klaus' phone, finding his contacts and scrolling through to find his name.

I switched my attention to Klaus when his moaning of pain turned to loud and pained groans, pulling his head onto my lap as I called Owen's number.

I cupped Klaus' cheek, which was heating up, running my thumb over his soft skin, feeling slight guilt at the pain I was causing Klaus right now.

I was caught in the moment of staring down at Klaus' that the beep on the other line caused me to jump.

Dammit. That idiot didn't answer.

Klaus' hand was wrapped around my wrist in an instant as he looked up at me, his icy blue orbs almost white.

I choked back a gasp.

"Jade.. It hurts." He said weakly. I felt my heart crack.

"I'm so sorry." I spoke gently, running my hand through his messy hair.

"Stop it. Please." Klaus looked so vulnerable underneath me, his hand releasing my wrist. It was as if I could feel his pain.

I could feel his pain.

I bent my face down to Klaus', kissing him gently on the lips, opening his slowly. And then it happened; it felt as if fire was entering my body as I forced his lips open on mine, feeling the burning energy enter me.