VI

edited

-

Klaus

Her angry expression twisted into confusion as she stared at me in disgust. Even with a displeased scowl on her face I couldn't help but find her to be beautiful. And I also really needed a break, already feeling defeated by letting her crazy ex demonic boyfriend escape. I'll admit, I wasn't prepared to face someone of that strength. I was well aware that he had beat my brother in a fight, but I also wasn't expecting him to have to fight someone with force as great as mine.

"You what?" Those little words that escaped her mouth caused me to chuckle. The pure irritation on her face was quite amusing.

"You heard me, Jade." I murmured, taking a step towards her. She shifted uncomfortably on her feet, her arm rising as she pointed a finger at me.

"You're an idiot," She paused, hesitant as she watched me stop mere inches in front of her. "To think that I would go anywhere with you now. Jason just escaped, and you want to take me out. Knowing him, he's going to kill everyone until he fi-

She suddenly doubled over in pain, throwing me completely off guard. A rush of possessiveness overcame me as I rushed forward, catching her falling form.

"Are you having an episode?" I asked her, frowning at the thought of her heart condition coming back after not occurring for nearly a week. I pulled her back up on her feet and wiped a strand of hair from her face a she blinked up at me. There was a certain haziness in her eyes as she watched me, but her attention was on anything but me.

"No. It's Jason. He knows he can't kill me, so he's trying to torture me." She said, gripping my arms harder in an attempt to stabilize herself. Jade blinked hard until I saw the cloud dissolve from her eyes, her swirling grey irises darkening.

"See. You could use a break." I released her when she had regained her balance.

"Shut up." She sighed as she lifted her head back up, the intensity in her eyes replaced by frustration. She turned on her heel and took a single step forward, but I moved and blocked her way.

"Look. I can't just go in fangs bared and stop your boyfriend." I growled.

"Then formulate a plan before he kills everyone." She snapped, not intimidated by my sudden change of tone.

I narrowed my eyes at her. I didn't want to admit defeat to that demon spawn, and I further did not want to face him again so soon. If he wasn't so keen on escaping, I had a feeling he would have beat me to a near pulp.

"I don't imagine Jason to be so foolish as to attack the entire town just for you. New Orleans is swarmed with an army of vampires and a handful of witches. He would not get far if he were to start murdering people just to find your petty self."

Her small body tensed, an outraged scowl plastered on her pretty face. She stood there for a moment, glaring up at me as if trying to intimidate me to stand down.

And then she sighed in defeat, her perfect posture slouching. But there was still that determined glint in her eyes that challenged mine.

I smiled down at her. "I won't ask again. Go out with me."

"That wasn't a question."

"You are so right." I said with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance before giving in to my demand.

"Fine."

-

Jade

The arrogant smirk on his face only widened.