Part XIII - The Locket (1/2)

not edited

-

Klaus

Yesterday was a blur. I thought I had gotten Jade back, but then I lost her, to the one I loathe the most.

And to make the situation worse, Jade was made into a woman like form of Silas by the monster himself. Just the thought of them together sickened me.

I felt the burn of the bourbon as it went down my throat, finishing down my fifth glass full for the hour. It was 4am, and I hadn't rested one bit, for the thought of Jade burned through every cell in my mind. The countless drinks of bourbon I downed for the past five hours made me more angry and impatient, with the single image of Jade in my mind.

I reached for the near empty bottle of bourbon, about to pour myself a sixth glass full before the door flung open.

I didn't bother to turn around and see who it was, instead downing my sixth glass.

"I heard all the commotion. Thought I would come and check up on you." My sister spoke.

"Get out." I snapped, my back to her.

"What is your deal, Nik?" Rebekah's heals click against the wooden floor as she approached me, stopping just a few feet behind me.

"Get out." I repeated.

"Does the thought of Jade being with Silas affect you that much? Is that why you're drinking yourself literally to death?" She snapped.

I turned around slowly, facing my sister with the empty glass in my hand.

"Did you not hear what I said?"

"Get out." I dragged out each syllable, taking an angry step to my sister.

"First, answer this one question."

I groaned in annoyance."Hurry it up then, little sister."

"You really do like Jade that much?" A smirk was forming on Rebekah's face, as she took a step towards me.

"Yes." I admitted.

Rebekah grinned.

"Never would I have thought you would ever say that about anyone."

I smiled. "Now, can you get out?"

"And leave you in your room all by yourself so you can wreck it even more than it already is?"

Rebekah was right. Shattered glass and books scattered the wooden floorboards, empty bottles of bourbon from days ago were tipped over, some broken, others rolling on the ground.

"Well, I didn't come in here to give you a rough time. I want to talk."

"Well I do not." I snapped, flicking my hand at her to leave.

"You will since its about Jade.." Rebekah drew out her name, amusement written on her face.

Turning away from her, I poured another glass of bourbon of the hour. Instead of downing it, I offered it to Rebekah, who gladly downed it with a smirk played on her lips.

"So, I had an interesting conversation with Jade." She started, handing me back her empty glass, nodding for another one.

"Why did you not come and save me?"

I sighed, turning to face her with her second glass of bourbon. She accepted it, holding it in her hand and awaiting for my response.

"Silas is a manipulative and clever creature. It was near impossible for us to try and find you." I lied.