Epilogue

Kyra's POV

It's been five years since the accident. The games. A lot of people has died in those games, including the ones from years ago when my parents were in it when they were teens. My mom did die from Autumn and Nik, and they are locked away ready for a death sentence, with secure security. They've both been charged for murder, even though the killer shouldn't get charged from the games, somehow she did. Jaydon did get off free as they found no evidence leading to him since he wore gloves. ONce we escaped, there was one big funeral for all the people who have died, including my brother, his girlfriend and Daniel's wife. 

Lily is living with some of Daniel's friends living the life she deserves. We do stop by sometimes to see her or the other way around. I don't know his past but they did tell her all about her parents past which she seemed creeped at first, but accepted it. Currently, she is thirteen and off in middle school. 

I'm twenty two years old living with Jaydon in a small apartment. I'm a nurse at the Misericordia Hospital, a trained nurse. I'm still in college at the moment. Same with Jaydon.

He's still in university wanting to be an engineer. To this day, I'm still terrified about what happened. I'm in intense therapy. It's helped me for so long that soon enough, I won't be able to be in therapy.

Stepping into the apartment building. I walk up the stairs to the third floor. Walking down the hall, I pull out my keys, unlocking my door once I get to it. Hearing music play as soon as I step through the door, I immediately know that something is up.

"Hello?" I call.

"Hey," he called back. Turning down the music, he came running to me welcoming home in a hug, then kissed me.

"How was the hospital?"

"Good, I'm learning a lot better than in school."

"That's great. Hey, dinner's almost ready."

"Okay, thanks. So what have you been up to?"

"Nothing much really, stopped by the garage to pick some tools and papers, cleaned the apartment. Other than that, I haven't been doing much."

"That sounds like you kind of had a busy day."

"Yeah, kind of."

We walked to the kitchen where I set the table while he stirs whatsoever in the pot. "What's for dinner?"

"Perogies."

"I love perogies."

"I know you do." I set out the sour cream on the table. He poured the perogies into the restrainer. We dished ourselves and set ourselves at the table. I dished some sour cream on the side as we talked about our day a bit more. How I saved someone for the first time and I feel proud. He talked about the papers and the tools he needed to buy. He fixed part of a car and other engineering.

Finishing up dinner, we filled the dishwasher. He washed and I dried and put away. We then settled on the couch watching Netflix. I curled into Jaydon for warmth.

After the movie, we went to bed undressing to just sleep in our underwear and my bra. Falling asleep instantly, I settled in on Jaydon.

Can't wait for the years to come.

"Everything will be okay." - Ethan Gorge