Chapter twenty two

Makayla's POV

Waking up the next morning, I get up slowly, admiring the sunlight shining through the blinds. Getting up and opening all four of them, the sun shines bright inside letting all the light it has entered the room.

Pulling out clothes from my suitcase, I strip out of mine to put on clean and new ones. Walking down the hallway, Kyra emerges from her room, tired. She still has her pyjamas, her hair all knotted. She patted it down so it doesn't look as bad. Heading my way, Kyra gives me a goodmorning smile then enters the washroom. There she goes to the washroom and does what she needs to do. I keep on walking to the food lab where we adults meet. Once I entered the green pod, everyone surrounded the first room. I walk over to Daniel and Autumn and ask them what's going on.

"Jack died last night. The killer sliced him open, and tied him to the table . . . or the other way around." Autumn replied with a disgusted face. I look at the lifeless body on the table. Although this isn't related to one of the killings back then, but I remember Evan and Andrew hanging by ropes in the music room, and Kylo Made a terrible hanging joke.

-

I stopped by the music room to see if Evan or Andrew had died. Yes they have. They were hanging from the ceiling with their bodies cut open. There was a puddle of blood underneath them and blood dripping from their bodies. It scares me to think that the murderer that I saw last night must have done this. Although he was wearing all black, I could make out a few blood stains on his hoodie.

"Hey."

I jumped and looked to see who it was. Kylo.

"Um... hi."

"I see that the murder struct two people last night and left behind a massive mess."

"Yep. I guess he did."

"Did you hear any screaming last night, because I know I didn't."

"No I didn't."

"Not talking much, huh?"

"Yes I guess I'm not."

Kylo was is so calm about this, yet the expression on his face makes me suspicious.

"Anyways, want some breakfast? It's on me."

"Thanks, but I've already eaten."

"Ahh."

We stood there for about ten minutes looking at Evan's and Andrew s bodies, just hanging there.

"I wonder why they're just hanging around."

"Haha very funny, Kylo." I say sarcastically.

"Hahaha. Come on that was a very funny joke."

"Alright. I'll admit it was funny." I say smiling.

-

I still have the joke in my head that he told me many years ago. "Many years ago, I found Evan and Andrew's body hanging in the music room. It was a terrifying scene. Kylo came and made a bad hanging joke about it. 'I wonder why they're just hanging around.' It was awful timing but it was funny. I know this is not related to this, but . . . I just want to remember that day."

"I was there afterwards when everyone was gathering around them. Still gives me shivers to this day."

Ethan came up to us to stand away from the body as much as possible. "Poor kid." Ethan said with a sad tone. "I know." Daniel replied. "I guess we better get the blanket and wrap him up." Daniel and Ethan went away to fetch the blanket. Most people left the food room. We all let the men take care of the bodies. Sitting with our own groups, no one ate only drink water or milk, or anything else they could find. Ethan and Daniel came back twenty minutes later from walking out the body.