Chapter nineteen

Jaydon's POV

After getting off the phone with his parents, Jaydon headed to lunch and met Kyra there. Walking down the hall to the food room, something felt odd for some reason. Jaydon doesn't know what or why, it just does. Entering the room, Kyra sat at a table alone on her phone waiting. She looked up, smiled a warm smile, and tucked her phone in her pocket. He returned the smile.

"Hey." she welcomed, standing up.

"Hi."

Jaydon walked over to her, ready to grab lunch. She joined him into the kitchen, scanning the fridge for anything. "So, how's it going?" she asked.

"Nothing much, you?"

"Same."

She leaned against his shoulder, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah . . . just tired."

"Didn't get much sleep?"

She looked at him and nodded. He closed the fridge once he took out two water bottles and fruit. Kyra washed the fruit as Jaydon cut them up into a bowl, then took it to one of the tables and ate. Picking the fruit from the bowl, they chatted about Jesse's death this morning. "I heard Izzy's been grieving all day, didn't even talk to her friends." Kyra said in a sad tone. "I know, poor girl."

Just as they are talking, Izzy comes storming in terrified. Jaydon and Kyra jump and look at Izzy, as she's a mess. "Izzy, are you alright?" Jaydon asked.

"No! I just got a phone call from the killer and received four knocks on my door. Four knocks! When I opened the door, no one was in view in the pod. I'm being tormented by the killer!"

Jaydon and Kyra looked at each other before looking back they could see the terror in her eyes, in her actions, in her words. Jaydon knows she's a terrible person, but she doesn't deserve this. Izzy broke down in front of them, sobbing. It felt awkward for the two of them as they didn't know what to do. "I don't want any of you to tell anyone. It's already hard for all of us to cope with the dead people."

"We won't." Jaydon assured her.

"Thanks."

Izzy finally calmed down, stood up and left the room without a word. Jaydon and Kyra looked at each other, scared. Before continuing on from where they were before getting interrupted, Kyra looked down at her legs before looking up at him. There is something behind those eyes of hers that she's not telling him. Something that he needs to know.

Makayla's POV

I wandered around the courtyard, pondering. The deaths of the people are different somehow. But I don't know. The deaths in the male is so violent that we could almost vomit. As for the two females, it's been non- vomiting. For the next female, who knows how the death will be? Who will it be?

I stopped at the bottom of the hill, staring off into the distance of the world beyond. How I'm probably not going to make it out alive. I also know that all of the original survivors aren't going to live. Mayabe the four of us, but not the six.

I sat down on the hill, hugging my legs. A tall and thin man with ruffled hair walked along the sidewalk, spotted me alone. He stopped scanning the area then walked towards me. I felt uneasy from him but what could go wrong.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"No, you seem lonely out here. What are you doing out here anyways?"

"I'm here, and others, for the murder games."

"Oh that's right. I forgot about that."

Something about him makes me feel uneasy and squirmish. Standing right infront of me, we eyed each other. "Whatcha doing out here?" I ask.