Chapter twenty three

Killer's POV

"What do you want?" he heard Makayla yell into the phone.

"To warn you that no matter what you do, I will always be one step ahead of you. You'll never catch me even if you have two of you as a killer before."

He'd been listening to their conversation earlier on how to tell if someone is a mass serial killer. But he's smart enough to keep one step ahead of them. As he likes to keep it that way until the end. "Just to let you know, you will never make it out of here alive."

He laughed a horrendous laugh before ending the call. He let himself calm down before continuing with what he was doing before, although it's her turn to kill tonight, he's got some idea on who to kill. Those adults think they know who he is, and she.

She.

The lovely female killer.

He smiled at the thought of her, capable of that kind of tremendous killing spree for the women.

Looking out the window of his room, he saw Kyra and Kylie together. Talking. He wondered what she was doing. Tonight he will visit her whether she likes it or not. Hopefully this time it will work, hoping she won't leave him alone. Stranded outside like last time. He viewed Kyra very closely. The room is dark so she won't notice him. Something about her doesn't seem right for some odd reason. Like she's hiding something. From him.

They stopped right in front of his window, laughing she looked up at the window where he sat on the ledge. She stared into his cold, careless eyes. She continued her way. He didn't care if she saw him or not.

He left the counter, walking out of the room. Walking through the pod, into the hallway, into the front, then heading outside. With his hood up. He walked towards where they were coming. The girls ran into him, keeping his head held down. Passing him, he moved on until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Jumping, the killer turned around seeing Kyra right in front of him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay."

"You sure, you seem concentrated on something."

Yes I am concentrating on something. Finding my victim!

"No . . . just bored." His heart started skipping a beat. "Okay, well if you need anything, Kylie and I are going on the other side, on the hill."

"Okay."

He turned and left her, waiting a few seconds before glancing over his shoulder. He watched her disappear around the corner. The killer doesn't want her hurt, hoping she won't kill her tonight. Wandering around the corner, the killer spots his victim for tomorrow night. He hid around the corner, spying his prey.

Autumn's POV 

Autumn walked down the hall scared for her life. Remembering at this very spot, outside the library is where she died. "Died."

Remember it clearly of what happened. It scared her that she was getting attacked from behind and felt useless, only the scream could save her.

-

As Autumn walked down the hall, she heard someone come from behind, footsteps. Turning around, terrified, no one was behind. Coming up to the library door, she felt a hand come to her mouth holding her back against the killer. Slamming her into the ground, she saw him. Who he is.

He pinned her down, stabbing her at the side letting the blood drizzle out. She finally let out a scream loud enough for everyone to hear. He stabbed one more time before getting up ready to run. "Ethan." her raspy voice barely to be heard.