Chapter twenty seven

Ashton's POV

Walking down the streets of Spruce Grove, Ashton and his girlfriend, Layla admired the view. Heading down to the tri trail they had money in hand "Okay, okay. They couldn't have."

"They did alright." Ashton said, bursting into laughter. Layla leaned against his shoulder laughing as they hit the light. Ashton pressed the button and they waited. Wrapping an arm around her waist pulling her close. As the light turned, Ashton and Layla stepped on the road. As the sun shone down on them, a sketchy man came into their view. Not noticing him, they continued to go.

The man accidentally bumps into Layla. "Oh, sorry 'bout that."

"It's okay." Laya said moving closer to Ashton. "Where're you going at this time of day?"

"To the Tri." Ashton replied, moving back a bit. Something about this man didn't seem right. He's tall with brown hair. He believes this man is sketchy. "I'm Nikolas Comber."

"Ashton Flores."

"And who's this pretty girl?"

"Layla, my girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you, Layla."

"Yeah . . . nice to meet you too."

He held out a hand to shake, with a smile spreading across his face. She rejected it, still looking at him, scared. "We better go." Ashton replied moving along. "Don't look back." Ashton whispered in Layla's ear. "Just keep walking."

Walking to the entrance of the Tri, people swarmed the entrance. No way. A man, no older than thirty, approached them. "Hey kids, come with me and I'll get you inside."

Ashton hesitated, Layla almost hiding behind him. "Come, I'll get you inside, they won't allow people inside through here, only the smart ones will be able to get in," the old man replied. He tugged her along as they followed the man. Going around back, the man didn't look back at them to see if they were following.

"Okay, stay here I'll be back. I'm going to check to see if the coast is clear." the man stepped inside a door as they waited. Minutes passed by when the man came back waving a hand for them to come in. Going into the dark room, the door closed as the lights came on.

In the storage room, Nik stood there with a knife in hand.

"What do you want from us?" Ashton asked, scared for their lives.

"What I want is for you meddling kids to be dead. Just like your parents."

Nik came closer with the knife as Ashton and Layla ran for the door, yanking. The door is locked. "Don't worry. I just want this to be fun. We can do this the easy way . . . or the hard way. Take your pick."

(Warning: This scene gets a bit gory, move to the next view if uncomfortable)

Layla started to cry hugging Ashton as he hid his face in her hair. He felt Nik coming closer, he and the other man pulled them apart. She struggled to get free, Nik coming closer, slashing her throat, killing her instantly.

"No!" Ashton cried out falling to his knees. Tears filled his eyes streaming down. Nik came over lifting his chin with three fingers. Meeting his gaze.

"Don't worry, I'll tell your mom that you love her." Nik laughed, jolting his head back.

"Any last words?"

"PLease, stop . . . I'll do anything to stay alive."

"Sorry."

Raising the knife above Ashton's head.