The Traitor

During the delicate hour where all the day workers on The Supremacy, clock off their long shifts and retire for the night in their small quarters, the ship goes silent and eerie as the halls become empty, other than the casual, patrolling StormTrooper.

In my brutal heartache, I hadn't known just how much time had truely passed since kneeling in front of the ruthless ruler as he tore my love to shreds right before my eyes – But as my quick footsteps patter along the tiles, they are lonesome in their marks, proving to me that it must of been hours ago.

Although, there is no real sunlight onboard, all the bright airiness of the day fades even in the artificial illuminance, as the darkness falls over it like a velvet blanket and all that's left is the lower hue of the bulbs, barely noticeable to the casual eye, but a tiny detail that surprised me, for Finalizer's intense lights never dwelled.

And yet still, the lights above still beam across the polished floor, reflecting in some of the glass windows that reminded me there was still a flicker of hope to get out of here in the translucent panes. 

Each step that I take and every turn I make, causes my breathing to become more rapid and shallow. I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples. There is a dread in my hope, a fear that is nibbling its gradual way into my core. Everything hinges on what I do, and once done, it can never be undone. 

Both devices are heavy beneath my sleeve and the decoder paper is starting to thinly cut the skin of my wrist beneath my cast. My mind is racing but I can only focus clearly on one thought that circles it: I have to get us out of here. 

Tonight and the actions that follows my choices, could be my change in destiny; It could also be the difference between walking into freedom or towards a shallow grave that nobody would ever visit. My hands clench around my sides and I walk stiffly by a swarm of StormTroopers who jog by with their blasters tight in their armoured hands.  

I must look gaunt and agitated, but they don't question me – Which leads me to believe that there is something bigger going on right now, other than the war that ravages inside my chest. 

I've been so lost in constructing scenarios in my own head, that I'm surprised to see how far I've come, when I reach the final conjunction before the Escape Bay which is to the left.

It's a relief to finally turn the corner, because between the nerves and my legs shaking, I'm afraid I'll trip if the destination is any further. 

There's not even a breeze to disrupt my fearful footing but the slightest breath of movement momentarily blocks the light from another conjunction that is at the other end of the hall. A swirling mess of black with soft, blurred edges, whirl around the corner just as I do, a quick slither of movement that's seen just by the peripherals of my vision – I immediately jump back from where I had come from when I recognised the black soldier among the huddle of white StormTroopers. 

Kylo.

I throw myself back around the corner and scan for somewhere to conceal myself, but unless I sprint down the hall and give my presence away purely by the sound of my heavy footing, there is nowhere to hide.

I stop around the corner, my body shifting and pressing my back against the wall that meets them, where it would have been a decent spot to conceal myself if I knew for certain they weren't walking this way or for the virescent hue cast by the lights above. I close my eyes, focusing on the heavy pulse in my veins. It was like ripples through my terrified system, vibrating under my feet, up through my bones and resting as a dull rumbling in my chest. 

The approaching footsteps clipped down the bleached, tile hallway, out of sync as there was so many coming onwards. Each footfall is chaotically spaced from the last, sounding overly loud in my own ears, like the booming heartbeat of a condemned prisoner, only if I get caught – But possibly the most unnervingly, worrying thing about it was: The magnetic field that pulled me always to Kylo, was calling for me and for the first time in forever, I prayed it wasn't summoning for him also in this very moment.