Paper House

I had set up my defences for so long. Tall and strong, not even high winds could get through the metaphorical barriers that I had barbed my heart with my entire life.

My heart was a home, windows boarded up after tremendous storms, only to blow right open in hopes to see the rainbow that should've followed—but never did.

Though, I like to pretend those walls were built from all the bricks life could throw at me, my home, all along, was in fact a house of cards, that would get damp in the rain and wobble in the wind, waiting to crumple and be put back together every-time.

My cards have been drenched and blown away entirely and the flowers I had once planted with hope for love, had only grown back as thorns. Now, my home is only a void. A dark void. A never-ending, dark void that consumes everything—all the hope, and all the love.

Kylo Ren had made his resentment clear in the midst of a raging storm. He didn't want me... and he didn't want the child of his that I carry.

Though, my womb is still full, I feel empty. There is no longer anything to subside my hollow soul that Kylo once warmed. The emptiness is so consuming it cannot bare to pretend that life should go on without him, though it will have to—for he is coming back to Finalizer today and I don't know what will happen in the next hours.

Will he relocate my quarters? Ignore me and his child forevermore? He might as well, for his only purpose was to provide me a child; not grow any attachments.

I am hurting all over, but I don't harbour bitterness in my sorrow. Kylo may no longer want me as an essential to his life, but he was always my main feature—my climax to a boring story.

He was once the brightest star of my galaxy, but maybe all along he was the darkest, for the First Order was all he burned for. Perhaps, if I had never been swayed by the beauty he brought, I would have seen the darkness linger sooner; but my eyes have always taken in the light from every angle upon him, seen the detail the First Order can't.

Though, I know this is our final moment together, I still love Kylo, and I know if he chooses to never see me again, I will miss him but not so much, because the haunt that he may leave is plenty enough to leave a scar upon my defenceless, paper heart.

Life has to go on, my own and the one's within. So, I pick up every individual card and gently put up my house once more, no longer fearful of the next final blow but anticipating it... ready to stack it up again soon after and until the paper cards no longer fall. My hands rest against the two, wide doors, inhaling a weary breath, careful not to blow them over myself as I push the doors open, awaiting the cruelty behind.

The throne looked no different, still a deep crimson resembling the blood of all the enemies to the man upon it. Supreme Leader Snoke sat in the chair—in all his glory and might as a smirk tugged along his wrecked skin.

Red guards all file around the edges of the room and General Hux stood proud behind the throne. There was no sign of Kylo yet, causing my paper house to tremble in it's readiness to face him.

The eyes that stare through my soul are the colour of normal, pale blue, but the red that rimmed the white, proved the evil. I kneeled before him.

"Embrace your destiny," I said, my voice flat whilst my stomach was no longer. I didn't look up to the Supreme Leader, not until he spoke seconds later.

"With open arms and welcoming." He purred, though it more resembled the hiss of a snake, ready to strike its prey.

Lately, I had been struggling with morning sickness. In the early hours, I was always nauseous and liable to vomit at the slightest provocation. Anything with an overwhelming smell caused me to wretch and heave—but it wasn't the morning sickness that made my saliva thicken in my throat and cause beads of sweat to trickle down my brow right this second, but rather the fear within of the powerful man upon the throne; who had shown me so easily how he could make my life torturous.