A Shadowed Birthright - Chapter Fifteen

Bonum mane! 

Merry Christmas, everybody!! Posting on this day seem to be a better idea than n e other day so you guys' spirit could be lifted up even more. Anyhoo, Clara and Remy's journey has taken an interested turn as you guys read on the last chapter but the full storry will be revealed in the upcoming chapter which won't be posted until RLG has been updated as you all kno. 

So stay tuned for it and hopefull by New Years, I'll have chapter sixteen almost finished. Maybe even before that :D

Nunc fruitur!

The sexy Remy Elyota ^^

- Clara's P.O.V -

The wind whispers through my red hair, the silvery light of the stars poke through the inky sky like carelessly splattered paint.

The skyscrapers of Gurges offer a breath taking view but for me it's an escape. As I watch the still bustling city, the conversation from earlier replays through my mind.

The office room is silent save for the mechanical noises of the workshop below. No one dares to utter a word. No one is able to push through the shock that Elijah just basically brought to us. It's like a slap to the face, in all honesty.

It's only Remy that decides to say something, after swallowing heavily. "W-What did you just say?" His voice is a like a whisper in the tension filled room.

Elijah switches his gazes between all the adults in the room. From the confused look on his young features, he's caught off guard by our sudden shock.

He glances at Admeta behind him as he answers. "I said Adrien de Forda is an Argetum Maria citizen..." He glances at the rest of us. "Is that somehow...bad?"

I've snapped out of my shock by then. "No...it's good. Great, in fact." Truthfully, I don't know whether to be relieved or apprehensive.

If a celebrity like Adrien de Forda is an Argentum Maria citizen, it won't take long for the Authorities to find out and to battle for a snobbish, rich and arrogant guy beyond comprehension like de Forda is hardly enticing.

"Oh..." Elijah sighs in relief before arching a quizzical brow. "So why do you guys look like you've seen a ghost or something?"

He uses the metaphorical image of a Shade seeing a ghost to describe our shock? I internally snort as August answers.

"Didn't you just hear what we've been talking about previously?" The male Ember questions,, still astonished by the news.

"Well, I was under the impression I couldn't listen since I'm a kid and all." Elijah says sharply, crossing his arms.

"Kid, Argentum Maria is supposed to be extinct!" Remy reminds him, throwing his hands to the sides, his blue eyes remaining wide. "We literally lost all hope on this pursuit only for a citizen to be the exact same guy we had to steal the artefacts from in the first place."