A Shadowed Birthright - Chapter Thirteen

Quis est hic! I told you I'll upload chaoter thirteen soon and here it is :) I tried to make this chapter as interesting as possible so I hope it is. Enjoy!

Iterum me!

I though to add another pic of the Dux ;) ^^

- Third Person's P.O.V -

"Fuck!" Clara hisses, dropping her hands and glancing behind her. She has only two minutes left until the guy comes out again and she still has the damn key. For some odd reason, Remy has just abandoned her and she needs him in order to leave this place unnoticed.

Luckily, she still has the gadget she used to retrieve the key in the first place. If she didn't, this whole plan would've gone bust before it even started.

Clara glances back at the open ventilation shaft, sighing before placing one foot against the wall and pushing off, lifting her hands to grab the edge of the ventilation shaft.

The Shade grabs on and with a grunt lifts herself inside. She rests her upper body on one side of the open shaft and lifts her legs onto the opposite side so that her body basically covers the shaft.

Ten seconds, She counts down in her head, pushing herself to the opposite side. When her face is directly above the shaft, she pulls the shaft door closed just as a door opens and the guy strides out of the room with a stack of files in his hands.

Clara reaches into her pocket for the small gadget she used to retrieve the key and connects the key to the magnet at the end before lowering it down through one of the holes of the ventilation shaft door. With her free hand, she rips a button from her vest and chucks it down the shaft behind her.

The echoing sound of the button bouncing in the shaft causes the young man to pause and glance behind him, allowing the hook on his belt to be near to the key that dangles on the magnetic disc.

Clara carefully leads the hole of the key to the hook but the man turning around moves the hook further away. The Shade curses under her breath and attempts once again to move the key closer to hook on the man's belt.

The man glances quizzically down the hallway after hearing something. It sounded like something small was thrown but there's no one down this hallway apart from him.

He scans the empty hallway one more time before shrugging and turning back to continue walking to the archive room.

He stops at the door and pushes his lab coat back, grabbing the key to unlock the door.

After putting the documents in their appropriate place and collecting another batch, the guy locks the door again and walks back to the room he came from.

At the sound of the door clicking shut, Clara pushes the shaft door open and makes sure there is no one down the hallway before crawling out.

She manages to turn her body around in the confined space so that her legs dangle out before jumping down, landing silently in a crouch. She quickly scans down both ends of the hallway before closing the shaft door.

OK, where should I go from here? she asks herself, stealthily running down the hallway and disappearing through the final door.