A Shadowed Birthright - Chapter Four

Ding, ding, ding! I uploaded on Sunday like I promised. Ya-hoo! Well, this whole chapter is in Remy's P.O.V which is a change. You finally see something about Remy which is totally unexpected because I feel many of youse feel as if he's had it peachy. Well, consider yourselves wrong ;D Anyways, mah lovely readers enjoy it.

I decided to add a little bit of a fight even though it isn't a serious. It makes the chapter more exciting nonetheless especially because it's in Remy's P.O.V xPP

A pic of Remy's newfound friend. I think he's a attarctive little one ^^

- Remy's P.O.V -

We stop at a traffic light on the way back to the hotel from the meeting with the Dux, my grip on the steering wheel instinctively tightening at the thought of that man. How dare he make me see his despicable face? I can never stand the sight of it. It took all my will power to not implant my foot in his face.

After what he did to me, how dare he say my name! I swear he's lucky he's the Dux otherwise I would've cut off his balls and made him eat it.

"The light is green, you know." Clara alerts me softly, snapping me out of my torture fused thoughts and I peer out the windshield to see she's right. I shake my head to clear my thoughts before continuing driving, taking a discreet deep breath and relaxing my hold on the steering wheel. Don't want to accidently break it...

"You seem tense ever since we left the meeting." The Shade notes as she continues to stare out the window and I glance at her from the corner of my eye.

"It's nothing," I deny, sliding my eyes back to the front. "I was just a little tired."

She doesn't need to know and I don't want to worry her but knowing her, she probably might not care. It would be good if she doesn't care, it won't get her involved.

Clara turns to me with an arched brow. "You didn't seem tired when you were flirting with me earlier." She points out and I chuckle despite my earlier mood. She may not know it but she always manage to make me forget things that I can't forget when I'm by myself. I'm thankful to her for that.

"When you're at the level I am, flirting requires hardly any energy." I reply loftily, adding a wink for emphasis and Clara rolls her eyes before going back to staring out the window.

I chuckle again and we drive in silence for the remainder of the journey.

⊙■⊙■⊙■⊙■⊙■⊙■

I pull outside the hotel, turning off the ignition before leaning back in my seat while sighing heavily.

Clara's right, I am tense. I think I'll go to hot springs in the hotel. I've heard they're incredible and I need to relieve my tense muscles. Besides, I should get as much rest as possible before the people the Dux is sending over to force my body into a stupid suit.

As soon as the Dux enters my thoughts, a frown immediately appears on my face. Even the thought of that man makes me want to puke.

"You coming inside or are you gonna stay moping in the car?" I glance at Clara from the corner of my eye to see she already has one foot out of the car as she glances at me from over her shoulder.