A Shadowed Birthright - Chapter Ten

You'll kno who this is once you've read it xD --->

- Elijah's P.O.V -

I fidget nervously in my seat while the three adults brood about our current situation in silence.

August silently gazes out the window onto the workshop floor while Clara leans back in her seat with her arms crossed. The hand that holds the handgun lightly taps her arm in contemplation, the only source of sound echoing throughout. She keeps her eyes closed, stating to the rest of us that she'd rather tune us out for now but it's Remy that unnerves me the most.

He's just stands in the darkest corner of the room deathly silent, one leg crossed over the other and his arms folded across his chest while his blue eyes gaze icily into space. His expression is stoic but it looks more serious than stoic.

Did I do something?

From what they've all discussed so far, a man called Cyan has tried to kill them. Apparently, Clara withheld some pretty important information and now she and Remy are being hunted for it. The more thorough detail they decided to keep quiet about because I'm here. They don't want me to know anything else. According to Clara's words, it could put me in further danger than I already am.

But what exactly am I in danger for? I've asked that question about ten times and yet they haven't answered me. They continue their conversation as if I didn't ask anything in the first place. It's so irritating.

All adults are like this. They think that because I'm a kid, I don't deserve to be told anything or say anything. I would've said something but after witnessing Clara and Remy on the motorway, I really don't want to see what else they're capable of.

I subconsciously whip my head to August who appears in my peripheral. "Whoa, chill there, Elijah." he chuckles, holding up one hand in surrender while dragging out a chair with the other and sitting down.

I sigh heavily, shutting my eyes as he rests his arms on the head of the chair and leans his chin on them.

"Sorry," I apologise softly, relaxing back into my seat. "After everything that's happen, I'm a little jumpy."

August snorts, causing me to gaze at him questionably. "Jumpy?" he repeats smartly. "I hadn't even said a word and you almost jumped through the roof. That's past "a little jumpy", don't you think?"

Sighing heavily, I roll my eyes, my shoulders slumping. However, I smile a little. August always manages to cheer me up. I remembered during one of my training sessions, the thought of my mum just put me in a sour mood that lasted throughout the session.

I listened to his teachings and did everything he told me to do but I couldn't shake off my bad mood. When it was time for me to leave, he decided to cheer me up and took me out to my favourite pizza place. After that, I just can't get angry with him.

The sound of him chuckling brings me back to the present and I turn to him. "What's so funny?" I inquire curiously to which the adult before me shakes his head.

"Nothing," he answers with a shrug. "I just got you out of that mood that you were in, is all." He turns his head towards Remy in the corner of my room. Suddenly, I feel scared again.