A Shadowed Birthright - Chapter Fourteen

Longum tempus, et non vident! Well, nothing to actually say other than I've finally uploaded! The next on mah list is uploading RLG. Luckily, I've already got that chapter underway :D

Peace!

It's Elijah again :P ^^

- Clara's P.O.V -

Jamie pulls into the alleyway where the door to the workshop is and jumps out, Remy and I following suit. A familiar weight bumps against my chest as I climb out of the car, causing my heartbeat to rise slightly.

My head has been pounding since we left the centre and it doesn't seem like it's going to let up anytime soon. I can't shake this feeling off, though. Confusion mixed with something else. Fear maybe? But what have I got to be afraid of? I'm not even scared that I'm being targeted by the Authorities. I'm just confused because I'm suddenly experiencing things that I've never experienced before.

New discoveries are just slapping me left, right and centre and I hardly have enough time to register them. But fear, I don't know. Very little in this world scares me. There's nothing no one can show me that I haven't seen before, probably used at one point. But there's something else. I don't understand but it slightly feels like relief. Is there something I should be happy about?

However, that isn't the only thing unsettling me. What I read in those files...they are exactly the same as the vision I saw. Alaura....

That name sounds vaguely familiar to me. She was a princess that had to leave her parents, the King and Queen if she wanted to live and that's what I know so far. But who invaded the city and what city was it?

So many things aren't adding up and the longer I try to think harder the more intense my headache grows. Now, I have to deal with that, the Authorities target over my head and what I found on Argentum Maria.

I pause in my walking when something occurs to me. Argentum Maria is a city. A city was invaded. Alaura was the princess of that city. Argentum Maria...city...Argentum Maria...city...

My green eyes widen in realisation. Alaura was the princess of Argentum Maria! Argentum Maria was invaded! That's why she left. It all makes sense now. She had to escape from the invasion otherwise she would've been killed. I had a vision of when she left. And now I've discovered what the princess of Argentum Maria is called...

"Clara, you OK?"

How could I have had a vision of what happened four centuries ago...? It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe her escaping from whomever invaded the city and going into hiding is the reason why nothing about her can be found.

"Clara?"

But why am I having a vision of it? It all started when I touched the artefact. It seems that when I touched one half of it, it only showed me a portion of what happened. Could artefact somehow tell the whole story?

"Clara!"

I snap my attention to Remy who has his hands on my shoulders and shaking me. I blink a few times at him. Why is his face so close to mine?

"Clara, you OK? You zoned out just now." He tells me and I blink again before reverting back to my hooded look.

"I'm fine," I reply simply, pushing Remy's hands off me and walking down the corridor. "And if you ever touch me again without my permission, I will skin you alive."