Chapter One-

Nicole's P.O.V.

           "Are you sure you are going to be okay alone?" I ask my mom. She's been alone since dad died all those years ago and now that I'm leaving she's going to have no one.

         Mom just smiles at me. "Of course, I will come and visit when ever you need me. I do think this will be a great experience for you." She pulled her brown hair into a ponytail with the grey showing on the sides.

         I sigh. "Call me the moment you want me home." I said as I grab my suitcases out of the trunk, I'm taking uncle Joey's private jet to get to Italy.

       "I will baby girl." Mom said with a tight smile. "I love you more then plants love water."

       "And I love you more than boots love splashing in puddles." I answer as my body guard Tom took my bags.

       "Don't worry Mrs. Sorrento I will be with her at all times and Theo is in most of her classes." Tom said to my mother.

       "I know you will Tom, thank you. Goodbye you two." She says with an elegant wave before getting back into the car.

       "Are you ready miss Nicole? The pilot just contacted me saying that they are eady for take off as soon as you are." Tom as been with me since my dad died. He never says anything about his family but I know that his wife and son died durring childbirth around twenty years ago.

       "I'm ready." I answer as I begin to walk up the stairs.

                      ***

       "Make sure to watch your step." The flight attendent told me as I was getting off the plane. "And please tell the Chavez family hello for all of us here."

       "Of course. Thank you." Tom quickly said."Goodbye now." Tom brought me to a black bullet proof car. I've only ever road in these because they are the cars that keep me safe.

       "Hello Miss Nicole, I am Richard and I am the Chavez families main driver."He said with a strong accent as he opened the door.

        I climb in and we just drive.

                      ***

       "Miss Nicole, we are here." Richard says to wake me up.

       "Thanks you so much for the ride, we greatly appreciate it." Tom said as he helped me out of the car.

       I look up to see a gorgeous house with a large porch that last summer I spent the entire time on with a book. Theo spent the entire summer training with his cousin, who will be his second in command when he takes over. I don't understand that boy, I know he's learning how to be a stone cold killer but would it kill him to crack a smile?

       "Oh Nikki dear, we are so excited to have you staying with us." Marianna says as she pulls me inside. "You know I always wanted more kids but it just never happened so now I have Theo and Amelia, and yes I love them dearly but Theo is never around and Amelia hates doing things with me. They both found the stage of hating their parents early." She said with a grin. "But I know you will hang out with us, your mom always talks about how great your relationship is."

       I just nod my head. She can kinda talk your ear off.

      "Theo, Amelia, Joey! Nikki's here!" She shouts through the house. I just wait for the steady silent glare I will receive from Lane.

       "Nikki!" Uncle Joey shouts before giving me a hug. "I've missed you princess!" Needless to say Uncle Joey is my replacement father and he took that tittle over with everything he had.