Chapter 17: Queen of Heaven

We have been focusing on hell , Lucifer and earth for quite a long time it becomes prudent to see what is happening in heaven. For situation in heaven are just as messy as here or are they?
........................................................................

After the death of Michael, imprisonment of Gabriel and flaming sword falling into hands of Lucifer , the fate of heaven seems to be fixed.

All angels were running panick-stricken and were worried about what was about to come . Uriel was quite an ambitious guy . He knew that right now joining Lucifer will be statistically more good and logical since he seems to be on winning side.
Azrael was criticized by many of angels that she shouldn't be an angel anymore since she knocked out God but without Michael and God, there was no one to tag them fallen angels or strip their wings.

No one was following his duty. All souls destined for heaven were inside mortals and death rate of people had decreased.

"Enough of this rampant and chaos. We must have a king." Raphael announced.

"How do we even decide?" Saraquel asked.

[ In this story , Jesus ruled by God's side for thousand years and then chose to reborn as normal human so he was not an option for king]

"How about we all decide? All of us want to be king so we will vote only for ourselves that's why we all will vote for one to be judge and he or she will decide who is to be king as he or she seeks to be fit." Remiel suggested. All nodded their heads in agreement.

"Why king? There are angels who can be queen too." Gadreel chimed.

"Alright! So let's begin ." Raguel sighed.

Uriel was chosen by all to be judge. He was feeling lucky . For now he will not have to sit on throne and face Lucifer or side with him. He will have to just follow who is king or queen while Lucifer fights him or her and he will be left untouched.

"All those who wish to claim the throne most go to earth amd collect souls. Whoever collects most soul will be king or queen." Uriel announced.

Angels started murmuring and whispering.

"What is the matter?" Uriel asked impatiently.

"Soul collecting is Azrael's duty. Why would we do that?" Some enquired.

"Because I am the judge and I set the rules and in time of Cyrus the great , didn't you all were sent to do that ." He retorted. Azrael smiled and all went to Earth.

Lucifer remained unaware of this internal quest for throne in heaven was going among angels. Azrael was used to collecting souls but that was w downside. For they were not interesting after doing continuously for thousands of years. That's why she didn't have enough souls to win when all angels return to heaven.

Uriel was proud of himself for he had achieved two works by it . Make everyone practice collecting soul again after a long time and restored balance on earth.

"Remiel had largest number of souls. That's why Remiel must be king now and you will all objet his command till God awakes." Uriel announced.

The hope of peace and order seemed to be surging through heaven but it wasn't for long . When the news was heard that Lucifer is backed by Egyptian gods and chained Asteria ,an ancient powerful Greek goddess, then Remiel ignored it and relented that they didn't need support of any gods or to aid them.

Azrael was not satisfied with his decree. So before dawn , Azrael knocked him out with her blade. Angels in heaven were angry and in Chaos again.

"You will listen to me. " Azrael thundered.

"Or what?" One angel spat and was struck down by Azrael to slumber.

"Or I can arrange your souls to go to a mortal body . After collecting souls for thousands of year , I do know how to ." She glared.

Everyone quietened down . She climbed up the stairs and sat on the throne.

"I , Azrael , firstborn daughter of God , hereby claims the Throne of Heaven and swear in name of nine realms and Heaven that I will keep peace , order and ensure the safety of heaven. " She pledged and then shone her blade strikingly with her blood.

" I want two angels to go right now and disguise themselves as mortals on earth. I need to know every movement of Lucifer." She pointed at two angels and they disappeared.

"Uriel! You will go amd seek help of other gods to our cause. You must make them understand that why Lucifer can't be allowed to take heaven. It will not be disastrous for us and mortals only but also them. And no one can do better than you." She smiled at him to which he grinned and disappeared.

"Now! Gadreel from now , you will collect souls so that mortal world can go on without trouble." She looked at him and he flew away.

"And now we need to retrieve a weapon more powerful than flaming sword." She confronted rest of angels.

"How do you propose to do that?" Remiel asked waking up and pressing his head. Azrael looked shocked at him awake.

"What ? It was just your blade not pieces of flaming sword. You could have really just tell me if you wanted throne , sis." He sighed.

"Alright" She said relieved.

"Well! If Uriel convinces other gods , then Greek gods have a weapon more powerful than it. Poseidon' s trident or Zeus 's bolt ." She told them.

"So our all hopes of defeating Lucifer and his army rest on Uriel." They asked.

"Yes" She bit her lip.

"Ok! No matter how weird he acts , he is great at convincing?" Someone chuckled.

"Yes! He is.." Azrael laughed.

"All hail Azrael , Queen of Heaven and may long she reign." They chorused and Azrael smiled resolving to fight Lucifer till end.

Amicis vale! Keep thy self posted for next chapter.