Chapter 15: Hell

Bloody Hell! That is a term we use generally when something bad happens , don't we. But what will you say when you are in hell itself.

I don't know. I have not been there. But right now Asteria is in hell with Lucifer so let's go and see what a delightful talk they must be having there.
...........................................................

" So I was wondering what do you want to do ? I mean I can just teleport any second you are distracted."  Asteria chimed.

"No! You can't actually. You see! I am king of Hell and when you are in hell, you don't go anywhere without my wish." He raised his eyes.

"I don't really understand you. I mean you already have hell. It is so big and you have power. Why do you need to be king of Heaven?" She asked him.

"Are you an idiot? Throne is rightfully mine. Every ruler leaves throne after certain point. No one can stay permanently. Just like Amut left and Ra came and then Horus in Egyptian world. " He stated.

"Yes! But just because something is yours to claim , doesn't mean that you also need it or want it?" She questioned.

"No! It doesn't. But I was made king of Hell by God. It is an insult to me and my power that I am still serving as his henchmen even after rebelling against him." He glared

"You are not his henchmen. You were left undisturbed by him. You did what you want and even still you aren't satisfied. How much evil are you ?" She asked with wonder.

"I am not evil. I made a fair argument back when I started rebellion and now after thousands of year , I will claim it finally. " He told her.

"You are evil. You captured Gabriel, killed your brother Michael , started war in heaven endangering whole mortal world. You killed Daniel." She looked at him with hatred.

"Yes! And all will be forgotten when I become King . I will restore peace and order to this world. For far too long , this world has a ruler in heaven who does nothing but see. I will fulfil what every mortal desires and all will be happy." He cried with pride.

"No! The way world is now is good. You will destroy world by feeding every desire .  " She disagreed.

"Maybe! But who doesn't gamble when on verge of war ? And after all they are just mortals. ." He smiled.

" You will regret it when you will lose" She yelled at him.

"No! I won't. Coz I will win this time and there is nothing that you can do to stop it. If you can't support me , you can stay chained here forever." He chained her hands and started to leave.

"I will get free ."  She spat.

"No! You won't. But it is good to dream. Don't worry. After the war , I will bring all of your Greek friends here to keep you company." He chuckled and she tried to break chains being angry .

Asteria couldn't believe it. She was chained by a fallen angel born so many years later and just because she didn't have enough power now to break those chains and get free.

She wondered how Daniel was. Where would he even be? Eslyium or heaven or hell or Egyptian underworld. She didn't even know that in which of gods , he believed most. (If you believe in God more than Zeus ,  then you go to heaven or hell. Otherwise to Greek underworld or any one you believe)

Somewhere in Tartarus

There was a fire burning strongly. In surrounding environment , there was nothing.  It was a hollow space and a woman was sitting there .  A polecat was sitting beside her purring.

"Hello." Daniel's spirit moved through the shadowy lane of underworld and arrived to see a woman sitting by fire wearing a red mullet.

"My mom is taken by Lucifer." Her voice quivered through darkness like arrow.

"Um.. who are you?" He asked confused.

"The one who presents crossroads to all today herself is at one." She looked at him fiercely. Daniel stepped back afraid.

"Fear not me, Daniel. Fear what is about to come." She looked at him.

"How do you know my name?" He asked her.

"I know all about you . I am Hecate , goddess of magic, witchcraft, ghosts,crossroads and daughter of Asteria." She focused on last word.

"What? I didn't know she was taken captive by Lucifer. I mean it is not really my fault you know. I died." Daniel stuttered.

"Stop babbling and listen." She commanded.

"Yes" He gulped.

"You must free her before dawn of sun or last hope of preventing Lucifer from taking throne will be gone." She warned.

"But .. can't you go there yourself? Aren't you most powerful magic goddess ?" He asked her .

"I can't. I am sworn to safety of Mount Olympus. If I go , underworld creatures may attack Greece. And she has more magic in her veins than she knows for I only gained magic by her blood." She told him. He nodded.

"But how can I free her? How will I break those chains?" Daniel asked confused.

"Believe. You have to believe you can. She is not in her prime now . You are only one who can help her . I will show you the way but you must hurry ." She pressed his hands and he was now falling in a pit.

"No! Bring me back." He cried.

'Believe." Last words echoed in the darkness as he kept falling

Amicis vale! Keep thy self posted for next chapter.