》2

°•》
"how I pretended not to recognize the one who ripped pages out of my life book didn't mean that I chose to keep resenting. I chose to act like I forgot when I didn't because that was the closest thing to forgiving."
《•°

June

"Lee Jooeun?"

Someone calls my-- her name, and my heart falls... my face freezes and drops.

I bite my lips, wishing it wasn't him.

I acknowledge the flipping of papers as I turn back to the boys, but I see the door open and one of the managers looking at me.

The relief makes me sigh too loudly, and another manager who's standing closest to me eyes me in ridicule. I notice why and bow in apology. I eye the boys next, wishing he didn't recognize my name... and that he somehow forgot about me. He's a member of a band I stan now, and I want to keep acting like the first time I met the seven of them was at a concert.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Please pass by the office when you're done, there are a few aspects of your paperwork we need to review."

And that isn't nerve-wracking at all. I smile nervously, "s-sure?" As far as I know, nothing about my papers can prove I'm an ARMY. I use my brother's card to order any merch--

I am overthinking this too much. I turn to the managers, "excuse me."

I wave goodbye to BTS and bow too, but I catch his eyes by mistake and the depth in them makes me freeze for a slow second. We both changed a lot, he couldn't know I'm her this soon. I turn away and once they return the favor I walk out of the room and breathe. How will I survive being around them? This was harder than I ever expected.

I finish my paperwork with the manager and turns out he was confused about me just coming to Korea the summer of that same year and wanted to ask if I had reasons to leave the country again. I don't anymore. I made clear why and hated the sad smile he gave me with his nods.

On my ride back, all I could do was remember the pity on his face, I had many reasons that would make people think they could pity me. Maybe that's the one thing Jooeun and I have in common. But little do people know, Jooeun and I were doing just fine.

We didn't need any help.
But they always think we need someone. Well, we do not.
People who volunteer to help only end up ruining everything even more, back then it was like that and now it's still like that.

My palms tighten around my steering wheel and I stop my car somewhere. I keep remembering everything, and it angers me. My arm abruptly moves on its own and I hit my steering wheel, making my car beep. I raise my head and huff out.

"I'm doing the right thing. Despite all this, you're doing just fine, June."

I nod to myself and get home. After I park in the garage and leave my car, I walk to the front door and my phone rings. Changwook Oppa with a red heart flashes on my screen and I roll my eyes at the contact name he put for himself. I pick up, "Oppa?"