Chapter 29- Never

^^ Okay, so from now on this Fanfic will be written after House of Hades. There is just so much more that happens and adding a few books will make this much more interesting. BUT it will only be mostly this chapter so just skip this one if you haven't read them.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Ily all!! 4k views?! *faints* ^^

I break apart a kiss I hadn't known was lasting so long, it was already 3. I needed to pick up his gift from the Engraver.

I break it apart and he gives me a pouting baby seal face, and I almost give in.

But instead I just give him a teasing smile and slip my shoes on and grab my car keys and slip out the door before he can object.

The drive there is uneventful, and I arrive to pick up his gift.

The engraver hands it to me in a little silver and blue box, and I open it in the car to check it.

Engraved on the seashell, it says Never. Because it brings me back to the time I surely would have been dead without him, whenever I was falling to Tartarus and I said

"Let me go. "

And he said

"Never."

That was one of the only times when he said never to me. I love him for it.

Along with the necklace, I wrote a note on a sheet of blank paper folded into the little box. It reads:

Never. That one word holds so many things for us, it represents how the love was too strong to simply let go. Even when the results were harmful to yourself, you took it on and put yourself before me. The word 'Never' holds many things for people. Never see me again, never talk to me. But never is different for us. It means Never let me go. It gives a new word to 'Falling for you.' This letter wasn't supposed to be so long, but I wouldn't have it any other say.

Never,

Annabeth<3

Tears pooled in my eyes and threatened to spill over. I carefully folded the letter back into the box, and put a small bow on it.

I hope he would like it, but I wouldn't know until he opened it, so I put my car into drive and went back to the dorms.

I slip my gift for him to the back of the tree in the observatory, so he would open it last.

As I bent over to put it there, a sharp pain flared in my back and I sat upright.

The walk to the dorm was painful, and cold. I almost slipped on the icy steps as I opened the door to our wing of dorms.

I scrambled for my keys with the pain growing. I gasped in a quick breath of air and gave up, sliding against the door to the ground.

I wish this didn't happen. If that guy had been paying attention. I could avoided all this pain and heartache.

The door opens and I start to fall back, and Percy gasps at my face streaked with tears. Was I crying? I think the pain numbed the tears.

He picks me up bridal style and carefully lays me on his bottom bunk as he looks for my pain meds.

"Why didn't you yell for me or something?" I heard the worry more in his voice than anger.

My sharp intake of air showed him how much I was in pain. I pointed to the corner of the room where I knew ambrosia was hidden.

He frantically looked and found them, and I popped a couple in my mouth to mask the pain.

Nothing would ruin tonight.