Chapter 4- I become an Official Weirdo

I half walk down the hall to the bathroom. I ignore the agonizing stares from gossips in the hall who will sure turn this into gossip. I make it to the bathroom and close the stall door and sit on the lid with my face in my hands.

I hear whispers like "Whoa what's up with that girl" or "what the heck is her problem."

        I tune them out and take out Daedalus's sleek silver laptop with all my Architect designs. I was put in charge for re-designing Olympus after it was destroyed by Kronos. I click the latch and the laptop opens, filled with all my hopes and dreams. Doing this calms me down when I feel like I'm going to snap, or have a panic attack. I take out my headphones and plug them into the laptop, and shut out this world. I force back tears as I look through photo albums of me and Percy and Grover at Camp Half-Blood and on quests over the years. I feel a sob coming on when I think to myself: "No Annabeth. No more break downs this year." I am stronger than my situation.

I shut the laptop and take out my phone, which usually sends up a flare like "Hey monsters here I am! Come eat me!" But I feel like this is an emergency. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. I hear the tardy bell for second period buzz, but I ignore it.

. . .

I punch in Percy's number on my little slider phone and press it to my ear. "This is a stupid idea Annabeth". I think "What are the chances he'll-"

"Hello Annabeth?" His melodic voice comes through the phone.

I have to find the urge to speak before I whimper-

"Percy? this is all wrong."

"What's all wrong?" He demands.

At that moment I spill everything that's happened with teary eyes so far in these two days and there's a long silence.

"That really sucks." He says on the phone.

"Yeah it does. How were you even able to answer me on this call?" I ask.

"I was just skipping class" He says and I can almost hear his smirk through the phone.

"Well thanks, talking to you really helped."

"I'm here for you Wise Girl, anytime. Hey and remember if you though it out you can go to school with me next year!"

I smile and hang up. I know he's right, but oh my gods what happening to me? I mean school is usually intolerable but I always make it through. Why is this year different? Why am I so emotional? I think it's because I finally have someone who cares about me and I want him more than ever.

Thanks for reading!