Chapter 15- Can you not Leo?

We wake up to a machine shooting toothpaste at us and blasting the National Anthem.

"What the heck Leo.." I groan and shield myself with the covers.

I hear him snoring, and at some point Percy got so annoyed he used a bottle of water to put an end to the toothpaste attack. Leo was upset at his ruined robot, but he just said "I'll get you later."

It's a Sunday, so we decide to enjoy ourselves before school starts for Leo and I.

Percy packs a picnic basket, complete with blue sandwiches and Gatorade. I lay out a blanket, and we all sit.

I hear rusting in the bushes, and at first I thought it was an animal. But then I realized what it was.

Brittany's blonde friend, Kelsey. I knew it was her because I heard her yelp when a squirrel ran by. Imagine her reaction if a dracnaenae slithered by.

I decided, I don't care. For the fun of it, I kiss Percy. He gives me a confused look, but he never hesitates to kiss me back.

I hear a gasp, a "Shhh"

Leo gives us a dirty look, and I mouth "I'll explain later." He nods. He understands.

*********=^.^=********

A few hours later, the sun was starting to go down and my eyes were getting droopy. I laid out on the blanket and rested my head in Percy's lap, admiring the sky. A perfect end to a perfect day. But, my life is sadly never this perfect and I get a reality check.

A big, yellow and black spider crawls across our blanket. Leo screams like a girl, but I was worse. I screamed bloody murder. Percy put me on his back, grabbed the basket then walked away. I wanted to tell at him to run, but I didn't. I was safe with him. Leo, on the other hand would run ahead, then look back to see if we were coming. Apparently he didn't like spiders.

Back in the dorm, I was trembling. That was the most horrible spider I have ever seen. Leo was crashed on the top bunk on the left side, and I was trembling on my bunk. Below me, Percy joked "I can't sleep with your shaking." But then when I didn't even answer, he realized I was really scared and carried me down from my bunk.

He set me on his bottom bunk on the right side of the room, and draped blanket over me. Without saying a word, he just holds me. Comfort. That's all I needed. It seems stupid, but spiders are literally the scariest thing ever to me.

At some point, I fall asleep. I just felt him next to me, holding me, and I felt comfort.

I had no nightmares that night.

*********=^.^=*********

In the morning, I hear clicks of a camera, and feel Percy's arms around me.

"The first time Percabeth sleeps together!" Leo applauded and showed me pictures.

"What did you just call us?"

"Percabeth. It's your ship name, get used to it."

"And if those pictures end up on ANY social media, me and Percy will have to go black clothes shopping, because we'll be attending your funeral." I joke.

Percy starts to stir, then sees Leo with the camera.

"Dude!! You did not!" he grabs the camera and flips through the pictures while Leo grins.

"Chill, bro. I already promised Annabeth I wouldn't show anyone."

We all get dressed and ready for class.