Chapter 13- Movies

Percy gives me a tour of the school, which is actually pretty nice, and it had a good math program for the brainiacs like me. When I pointed it out Percy gave me a look and said: I thought math was just numbers.

I couldn't help but laugh. Then he did his hurt baby seal face, and I kissed him. I'll admit it, I can't handle the baby seal face.

He walked with an arm around my waist, and we made our way up to the dorm. He helped me unpack, occasionally making jokes about things I packed like: Why would you need a swimsuit or What's this? In the end, I stopped explaining and giggled to myself on his sheer stupidity.

When we were done, we sat close together on his bunk, I snuggled up to him, absorbing myself in his warmth. I didn't ever want to move. We again were watching the cat movie, which made me think about Daniel. Which made me think about my trip here. Which brought my mind to the cheerleaders. I better keep an eye on them. It seemed like the were the kind of girls you don't want to mess with.

Eventually, I was starting to drift off to sleep. Then I saw it. In all it's uglyness. A spider. I screeched, jumping up from Percy and feeling cold. I scrambled up to the top bunk at the speed of light before Percy even starts to come to.

"W-what?" He asked still in a daze. Then he saw the ugly spider, and was instantly awake. He gave it a stare that he was probably saying: You scared my girlfriend. Now, you will die. Hard.

He pulled out riptide, and speared the spider and threw it out the window. He did it to casually I almost laughed through my terror.

"It's gone." He said calmly to me.

I was shaking. I couldn't move. I was so scared, I'm pretty sure I was shaking the bunk too.

"Come on Annabeth," he said not with annoyance, but with worry. He cared about me. "It's safe now. I swear on Styx."

I stopped trembling a bit, but I couldn't speak. I felt so weak and powerless, hiding under the covers in the bunk, from one silly spider.

"I-I-i.." I don't think I could say anymore 

"I can't climb up there Annabeth, I'm not as thin as you." He tries to joke, but I'm still petrified. And I couldn't say anything but i.

"Annabeth, I love you. I don't want you to be scared. Come down here so I can comfort you." His voice sounded truly worried now. He even did his famed baby seal face. That sold me. I just wanted to be with him.

I start down the ladder, reminding myself to take it one step at a time, then my feet are sweeped out from under me. He spins me a few times, then he kisses me. I feel some of the fear melt away. He always makes me feel better.

It was the first night, and look at me, overachiever. Already having nightmares.

I dream that I'm in a room filled with light, and millions of tarantulas were closing in on me. As the room was shrinking. I screamed in my dream, but no sound came out. The spiders were about to get me when.....

"Annabeth! it's only a dream." Percy smoothed down my hair and sat beside me, with my hand in his.

"What did you dream about this time?"