Chapter 22- Dinner with Them

Percy comes around to open my door, that seaweed brain gentleman. I, think it's adorable. But I can't help but laugh when he slips on the icy ground on his way to my side and almost falls on his face.

"Ever learned to walk?" I laugh.

"Yeah, just happened to fall over on your beauty." He says lovingly and grasps my hand.

I blush, and give him a peck on the cheek. He gives his famed baby seal face, so I grab his face in my hands and kiss him. I didn't even know we had been like that for 5 minutes when...

"Hey lovebirds! Take a breather and come inside before you freeze!" it's Leo's familiar voice, and I didn't realize I was cold to now. A shiver goes down my spine. Percy puts an arm around me as Leo rolls his eyes.

"Let's go inside." Percy says, and I follow.

I'm greeted with lots of warm greetings when we get inside. But what really catches my eye, Is the architecture of the building. It takes my breath away. Percy pulls my chair out, and I sit down in it. He takes the one next to me. I put down a napkin in my lap, and we all make small talk.

"So Annabeth, what are your plans for Christmas?" Hazel asks, breaking me away from staring at the amazing Greek scenes on the ceiling.

"I uh, haven't thought of that yet." I say unsteadily.

"WHAT" They all say in unison.

"Christmas is a big deal! I have some china dolls we can decorate the rooms with!" Frank says excitedly.

Leo rolls his eyes. "Oh gods have mercy Frank, with those dolls staring at us at night none of us will sleep."

Frank makes a pouty face, and Hazel grabs his hand.

"We can have them in our room, mr. Dragon. I'm not scared, especially with you there to protect me." Hazel kisses Franks cheek, and his smile comes back.

Leo rolled his eyes so hard I thought they would pop out his head.

"Or we can sleep under the stars, and I can show you all the Cherokee constellations." Piper says, obviously telling Jason. He smiles.

"I'd like that. What about you guys?" Jason says with his icy blue eyes matching the snow outside.

My inner Athena comes out, always a party pooper side is me.

"Well, it's freezing." I point out.

"We wouldn't stay out for long." Piper counters.

"Sure, let's all freeze in -10 degree weather. How about we go to camp half blood? Winter break starts in two days." I say hopefully.

"We always go there." Leo complains, and Hazel and Frank look uncomfortable because they're Roman.

"Um, were not Greek, and they won't exactly welcome us." Hazel states, and we all know she's right.

"Your awfully quiet Percy." I question and get his attention.

"Oh, just thinking."

That knocks the wind out of me. The others notice too.

"Since when does a seaweed brain think?" I say laugh.

"Come on bro, let's go to the bathroom." Jason says.

"Don't get lost!" Leo mocks as they walk away, and I laugh despite my worrying about Percy.

*********=^.^=*********

They had been gone a while. I was starting to worry as us girls share a brownie ice cream cake.

"So what are we doing for Christmas?" Piper still wondered.

"Hmm we can volunteer!" Hazel suggested.

"Uhh or... drawing a blank."

I wonder.. then it hits me!! The perfect Christmas.

"Oh I know!" I say excitedly. "We can stay in the planetarium at school, so we can see the stars and stay warm. And, there's a small kitchen and living area with a grand fireplace!" I can barely contain myself.

The planetarium is at the center of the school, with big glass double doors leading into it. It's like a small hangout, but no kids hang there. They just stay in their dorms or in the gym. Anyways, the planetarium has a little kitchen with a fridge and oven, and with a large Christmas tree in it this time if year. The ceiling is breathtaking, brilliantly held up by curved pillars. You can see the whole sky seamlessly. It's amazing! there's also some couches and chairs surrounding a grand fireplace, and a pretty Aztec rug.

This Christmas would be perfect.

Percy finally comes back from the bathroom, looking unnerved. He announces it's time to go, and we head to the door after he pays the check. When we walk out, the winter air hits me like a truck full of Popsicles. I have a whole body chill, and was wishing I had brought a jacket as the flakes began to fall. Piper insisted it would be fine, but now I was regretting it. Percy was late to notice, obviously his mind somewhere else.

"Oh gods, I'm so sorry Annabeth." He quickly takes off his suit jacket and puts it around me."

"T-thanks." I say with my teeth chattering.

"I'm so sorry I didn't notice. I'm just- ugh. My mind is somewhere else." He leans against the car. And I'm still shivering. He takes me into his arms, and I feel immediately warm all the way to my toes.

"Here, get in." He opens the door, and I walk to the door. Sadly, I slip in those stupid painful heels, but my Romeo catches me and helps me into the car.

Percy cranks up the heater, and curses himself for being a horrible boyfriend. I can't stand it. Clutching his jacket around me, I lean over and kiss his icy lips. He starts the car, and we head back towards campus.

At the same red light where we kissed, I just chatted about little things. He nodded, his mind still somewhere else. He didn't even notice then the light turned green.

A person from across the highway starts to stop, but the roads too icy.

They slide at full speed toward us.

^^Ah, I'm pulling a Rick oh ya'll ;) I'm sooo happy and kinda sad. I couldn't get tickets for his signing here where I live, but it's okay. BECAUSE MY MOM JUST PRE-ORDERED BoO FOR MEE!!! OH MY GODS THE FEELS BE TOO STRONG ALREADY!^^