Chapter 18

I finished up and walked back to our room. I opened the door and stepped inside. I still hadn't decided if I was going to talk to Salil tonight or not. I knew he won't bring it up, which made me want to ask him more. He was combing his wet hair; I guessed he had taken a shower. Without turning towards me, he said, "I thought you would wear a sari today."

Seriously, he wanted to discuss what I was wearing? I had initially thought to wear a sari, too, though. "Umm...I..." I trailed away, feeling embarrassed about the reason I hadn't worn it. He turned towards me and raised his eyebrow. I looked down at my hands and saw him walking towards me. He took my hands in his and asked, "what? Why didn't you wear a sari?"

"Umm, last night," I said in a low voice, then I cleared my throat a little, "the marks on my back, umm and umm..." I glanced up at him quickly before looking down again. "Marks?" his voice sounded concerned. I blushed. "Take off the kameez," he said in a firm voice. I obliged slowly. He looked down at his bluish finger marks on my stomach; he turned me around and traced the barely visible pink spots on my back from last night. My body felt hot at the thought of last night and shivered slightly. Salil had branded me as his. He turned me back around and took off my bra.

His hands were barely touching me, his fingers soft against my skin. I sucked a breath when he touched my underboob area. His knuckles grazed my left nipple, and I mumbled his name, and then we were kissing. His kiss was as hot as his hands had been gentle. He was holding my head tight against his mouth, and his other hand was on my waist. I was trying to get close to him, squirming my hips in need. He growled and held me tight precisely where he wanted me. His tongue was sliding along with mine in perfect rhythm. He was taking what he wanted, and I was willingly giving it to him. At this moment, nothing mattered, no past, no future, nothing. It was just us, two people hungry for each other.

There was a loud noise somewhere, and Salil was pulling his lips away from mine. I cried out in anguish, but the noise was growing louder. Someone was knocking on our door. I looked at Salil in horror; he looked annoyed at the intrusion. I ran to the dresser to put on some clothes while he opened the door. I heard Aaliya enter our room. She was giggling about something. I couldn't listen to her properly, but a few minutes later, she called out, "Bhabhi, we are going to watch a movie now. Goodnight". I wondered if she was the actual witch instead of her mother. My body was buzzing with need and my brain with questions. Why hadn't she gone to sleep like the others?

I got into the bed and closed my eyes. Then I opened them, I couldn't sleep. My mind was back to Arti. I tried to organize what I knew in my mind. Niana thought Salil was a monster. Niana disliked Arti. Niana implied that Salil and Arti were more than an employee and an employer. Arti claimed she did not love Salil. Salil said Arti was here because he wanted her here. Arti is happily married. Her husband works in Salil's office and is a lovely guy. So, Salil and Arti had a relationship of sorts and had not bothered to tell me. Why though? If it meant nothing as Arti claimed, then why hadn't they told me? Did they not consider it essential? Did they think I didn't deserve to know? Did they think I would overreact? Well, I was definitely overthinking now and how am I to act normal for an entire week without asking Salil questions. I need to at least ask him about his relationship with Arti.